Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5/22. Seems others on the main thread have gotten it as well. I wonder if everyone got it or just the older orders like ours. I'd like to think it means we are close. A similar email was sent in July that I didn't get but others did on the main thread.
I’m hoping for a vin today. Down to just one car not getting it anymore. Couple of friends of mine order some model s and model s plaid. Only took them 9 weeks. We could all join together and call. Somone high up to get some better answers!

Moved to Oct 11-31 today.. not what I was expecting. This would be 5 months since order if accurate, so hoping this is just a one-day thing with these dates.
You ordered around may? Has to be someone we could talk to. We are down to 1 car, renting a car is out the question. Even if they said hey, we have a chip shortage or we had to change the line up to accommodate the S plaid. Not buying a Saturn here! Poor poor customer service snd this whole ordering process is something that’s not revolutionary. Order>order#>build placement>tracking build process> vin> ship date:
What we have is Order>Estimate delivery date>wait>wait>wait>Estimated delivery date change>wait>wait>Think about canceling>Can’t send back all your Tesla screen protector and mats outside of 30 day return policy> wait!!!!

I ordered 6/2 and completed profile same day. In my case I‘m in a lease that I called and had extended to hold me over another 6 months to cover the randomness of the delivery on Tesla side. Pretty crazy and I can understand the demand is through the roof. I’d rather them throw a date far out and come in early on delivery than what I’ve seen. Seems to frustrate customers right from the get-go.

Reactions: Where’s my car
You ordered around may? Has to be someone we could talk to. We are down to 1 car, renting a car is out the question. Even if they said hey, we have a chip shortage or we had to change the line up to accommodate the S plaid. Not buying a Saturn here! Poor poor customer service snd this whole ordering process is something that’s not revolutionary. Order>order#>build placement>tracking build process> vin> ship date:
What we have is Order>Estimate delivery date>wait>wait>wait>Estimated delivery date change>wait>wait>Think about canceling>Can’t send back all your Tesla screen protector and mats outside of 30 day return policy> wait!!!!
Yeah I ordered May 22, completed profile two days later. For what its worth I called the delivery center I am picking up from and they said my car was scheduled to be built in the next week or two and that I would see a VIN this month. I asked about the shortages and she said Tesla is having more of a demand problem than anything else, and that they just cant make the cars fast enough to get everyone as quickly as they'd like to. She also said the EDDs are not very accurate until a VIN is assigned.

Good news from my side. I was directly contacted by my SA/TA and was able to get assigned a VIN (245XXX). Basically the original buyer was unable to take delivery of the car in the timeframe and it matched my specs. New delivery date was updated to 8/18-8/24. Finalized payments/insurance steps yesterday and moving forward!
Congrats where you picking up from? What was your specifications? That’s some really good news!!

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
Good news from my side. I was directly contacted by my SA/TA and was able to get assigned a VIN (245XXX). Basically the original buyer was unable to take delivery of the car in the timeframe and it matched my specs. New delivery date was updated to 8/18-8/24. Finalized payments/insurance steps yesterday and moving forward!
congratulations!

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty