Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this thread and thought I would stop by say hi and join the fellow Michigan people waiting until October or whenever Tesla decides to stop ignoring us. lol
Man I'm two weeks after you but have similar dates. 5/22 order (5/24 profile completion) EDD: Oct12-Nov1. SA is claiming this is inaccurate and delivery timeframe is in September, take that for what its worth (who knows...)

Reactions: Jermayan
Man I'm two weeks after you but have similar dates. 5/22 order (5/24 profile completion) EDD: Oct12-Nov1. SA is claiming this is inaccurate and delivery timeframe is in September, take that for what its worth (who knows...)
For what it's worth, my VIN showed up on 8/7 while I was seeing 9/8-9/28 or 9/9-9/29 dates. My SA had twice told me "I see your VIN coming in a couple of weeks" in late July and early August, and my VIN did, indeed, show up within his time frame. So while I was totally not believing him, he was in fact correct. SAs know nothing, unless they do know something.

• Funny
Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
For what it's worth, my VIN showed up on 8/7 while I was seeing 9/8-9/28 or 9/9-9/29 dates. My SA had twice told me "I see your VIN coming in a couple of weeks" in late July and early August, and my VIN did, indeed, show up within his time frame. So while I was totally not believing him, he was in fact correct. SAs know nothing, unless they do know something.
My SA does not see any vin, they saying the car should be build soon! However they keep going off of the EDD, I stated but the EDD keeps changing. They follow up with the car should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I’m this close to canceling the order, taking the charging unit off of the wall and reselling all the aftermarket products I purchase for a discounted price. It’s just starting to be not worth it, having my wife crying over not having a car for two months! I was all for clean energy, however Tesla has failed. I will give it to Aug 30.. then will just go buy a Jeep Wrangler!

Reactions: Where’s my car
My SA does not see any vin, they saying the car should be build soon! However they keep going off of the EDD, I stated but the EDD keeps changing. They follow up with the car should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I’m this close to canceling the order, taking the charging unit off of the wall and reselling all the aftermarket products I purchase for a discounted price. It’s just starting to be not worth it, having my wife crying over not having a car for two months! I was all for clean energy, however Tesla has failed. I will give it to Aug 30.. then will just go buy a Jeep Wrangler!
I can totally understand the frustration...for my MYLR, I waited 84 days to get a VIN. That seems excessive, but these are not really "normal" times, either. In addition to actual shortages of materials, there are issues with shipping and trucking and so many other things. There is only me and I have a car that I will sell once I have the MY (and I live fairly rurally, so would NOT have been able to be car-less for any length of time). I too, was ready to give up and cancel my order and stick with my ICE car...I did NOT want to learn to drive a Tesla in a Michigan winter in a snow belt county that does not believe in plowing the roads!

You have to do what works for you, but I will reiterate what you undoubtedly already know: used car prices are still high, even if coming down, and most other manufacturers are having similar problems with delivery times. I think that having a deadline for how long you can wait is realistic at this point. What is your backup plan for a different car? That is not any kind of dig, I am just curious, as I personally really wanted an EV car, and the Tesla charging network was important enough to my needs that other model EVs really were not an option.

Reactions: Coyote18
I can totally understand the frustration...for my MYLR, I waited 84 days to get a VIN. That seems excessive, but these are not really "normal" times, either. In addition to actual shortages of materials, there are issues with shipping and trucking and so many other things. There is only me and I have a car that I will sell once I have the MY (and I live fairly rurally, so would NOT have been able to be car-less for any length of time). I too, was ready to give up and cancel my order and stick with my ICE car...I did NOT want to learn to drive a Tesla in a Michigan winter in a snow belt county that does not believe in plowing the roads!

You have to do what works for you, but I will reiterate what you undoubtedly already know: used car prices are still high, even if coming down, and most other manufacturers are having similar problems with delivery times. I think that having a deadline for how long you can wait is realistic at this point. What is your backup plan for a different car? That is not any kind of dig, I am just curious, as I personally really wanted an EV car, and the Tesla charging network was important enough to my needs that other model EVs really were not an option.
84 days is a long time as well, you should have had a car by now. Yes my wife wanted a EV car as well, we wanted something that was good for the environment and sleek! Tesla had all of that, however this wait time is unrealistic with three drivers in the home. Backup would probably be a Jeep Wrangler!

Reactions: dogma

You got a vin? What area are you picking up at? I’m right at 86 days no vin. Did they tell you a delivery date at all?

Let’s all protest at the Fremont, CA!!! I live only 100 miles from the factory so I know that’s a lot easier for some.

Reactions: LLC42084
Tesla does not see it that way. No one holds them accountable and they’ll deliver the car whenever if ever they want.
I asked the manager of Tesla Rocklin, CA what they would do if a car is never assigned. He didn’t even try to make me feel like that would not happen, just said he’ll look out for a car with my specs and place me on a wait list for rejected cars. BS

Reactions: LLC42084
I do not think I can purchase a car from Tesla again. They are now telling me that the delivery date, has change and it is now a estimated delivery date! You just sent me over all the paperwork told me to provide funding. Now your saying you don’t have an idea on a delivery time anymore. I think at this point in time, im going to go buy a mule and a buggy. Glue my Tesla accessory on to the buggy!