Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account still says 11/7 - 11/27 :rolleyes: ordered 5/25. 6 months is a long wait for a new car!
I'm in a similar boat. 10/18 - 11/7 EDD for a 5/22 order. My EDD was August until I had to update odometer for trade-in, then it slipped a month to mid-September, then October, and has been moving back a week each weekend. When I ordered the car, my SA said either June or September, and its looking like it will be neither at this rate.

Got this bad lad installed tonight, just need the car now!
PXL_20210820_014110926.jpg

sweet! are there any rebates from the state of MI tesla's home charger?
As far as I am aware, there is no statewide incentive. There is a federal tax credit for 30% of the install cost up to $1000. I'm in SE Michigan so have DTE as my electric provider. They have a one-time EV charger install rebate of $500 but only if you purchase one of the approved chargers (Tesla's is not one of them) and have the special rate plan for it. Not sure about GR, you will have to check with your electric provider. Hope this helps!

As far as I am aware, there is no statewide incentive. There is a federal tax credit for 30% of the install cost up to $1000. I'm in SE Michigan so have DTE as my electric provider. They have a one-time EV charger install rebate of $500 but only if you purchase one of the approved chargers (Tesla's is not one of them) and have the special rate plan for it. Not sure about GR, you will have to check with your electric provider. Hope this helps!
Thank you! Yeah it helps. I tried to check with consumer energy and they too have $500 rebate for other at home chargers but does not cover Tesla.

Thanks for getting the reply that was my understanding as well I considered getting one of the approved chargers for the rebate but I just like the Tesla one better and in the long run I rather have what I want than the $500

Been sitting at 9/3 - 9/19 for 3 days now, no VIN yet.
I’ve been at 10/14-11/3 for about a week. I have no idea why my EDD is so far behind yours even though our order dates are so close and at the same delivery center 🤔. A service advisor did see a “soft match” delivery date for me for 9/7 but who knows how accurate that is.

I’ve been at 10/14-11/3 for about a week. I have no idea why my EDD is so far behind yours even though our order dates are so close and at the same delivery center 🤔. A service advisor did see a “soft match” delivery date for me for 9/7 but who knows how accurate that is.
My guy at Clarkston told me I would have my VIN by the latest yesterday, and still no VIN. Pretty hard to time the sale of my wifes car having no idea when we're going to actually get the Tesla but she's moved into my current car and now I'm driving my old Yukon XL the exact opposite of the Model Y 👎👎

Ok, I don’t know if it’s verified but one of the fellow Michigan TMC member said Michigan gets deliveries every 3rd month that means next deliveries are gonna be in September followed by December. So, hang in there. All the end of august deliveries will happen in September and all the EDD of November will be in December by that logic.

Ok, I don’t know if it’s verified but one of the fellow Michigan TMC member said Michigan gets deliveries every 3rd month that means next deliveries are gonna be in September followed by December. So, hang in there. All the end of august deliveries will happen in September and all the EDD of November will be in December by that logic.
When I wanted to do my test drive the Sommerset gallery is actually closer to me so I contacted them and they told me the same thing, quarterly deliveries to MI. I ended up using Clarkston I couldn't find a good time with the Sommerset option but Clarkston seems to not want to give that information out, or doesn't know that information, one or the other. Thanks for the tip!

I don't know about that...I just picked mine up on Monday in GR, and they said they had a very busy weekend with pick ups...so cars are coming into the state this month.