Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midwest Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah - missing out on the latest tech might feel bad, but I also am feeling like I don't want to be an early adopter of whatever issues the Texas factory and new chassis might hold.

And, also bummed that I was part of the massive push back this week. I'd been bumped to a general "October" before, but this is the first time I had such a significant push back with actual dates. Who knows if it'll stick, but seems like a lot of people just had 1-2 months added on to their EDD this week.
I guess we all are in the same boat. I had specific dates from mid-Nov to early Dec until yesterday when I got bummed o general January of 2022. I think at this point I'm planning to stop looking for updates and just wait till I get a call from SA.

Yeah - missing out on the latest tech might feel bad, but I also am feeling like I don't want to be an early adopter of whatever issues the Texas factory and new chassis might hold.

And, also bummed that I was part of the massive push back this week. I'd been bumped to a general "October" before, but this is the first time I had such a significant push back with actual dates. Who knows if it'll stick, but seems like a lot of people just had 1-2 months added on to their EDD this week.
I'm still optimistic about getting delivery this year and I would say even you have a good chance to get it in September as it the end of 3rd quarter and they want high volume on their balance sheets.

The service rep I am working with reached out to me today and indicated in their system the gate date (date the car drives off the line) for my car is tomorrow. My account EDD is 11/11-12/1. Which is it gonna be, Tesla; I never understood why they have two different systems for delivery. AI day was impressive, the EDD system, not as much so.. haha. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Reactions: loggedout
The service rep I am working with reached out to me today and indicated in their system the gate date (date the car drives off the line) for my car is tomorrow. My account EDD is 11/11-12/1. Which is it gonna be, Tesla; I never understood why they have two different systems for delivery. AI day was impressive, the EDD system, not as much so.. haha. Hope you all have a great weekend!
The person I talked to seemed pretty confident I'd have a VIN assign in the next few days. My EDD is much earlier than yours, but we both ordered on basically the same day.

Reactions: anix7776 and ajs847
The person I talked to seemed pretty confident I'd have a VIN assign in the next few days. My EDD is much earlier than yours, but we both ordered on basically the same day.
Yeah I would think we are on a similar track. Yeah the SA has no idea why my EDD on the site is so off, but she sees a VIN for me this weekend as well. Fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
When did you order?

It's nuts that your EDD was never even before October. You ordered at almost exactly the same time as me. I'm in Octoberfest right now, but otherwise have always been in the September timeframe.
It was at the beginning, the changes just got too long to track in my sig so I removed it. It was mid-July to August for a while, then slipped to end of september for a few weeks and then mid-October/November dates. It never moved forward, always backwards.

Hey whats going on guys! I'm glad I found this more specific forum for my area, seems like the guys in west coast are a completely different standard than the midwest guys. Anyone have any ideas on whats going to happen to the January EDD's?
Its hard to say. Wait until tomorrow and see if the EDD resets to the more specific range. Tesla is notoriously unpredictable so as painful as it is to wait it is best to just wait for the VIN assignment. Did you complete profile in June? Most May/June EDDs are on October right now, odd yours is Jan.

Its hard to say. Wait until tomorrow and see if the EDD resets to the more specific range. Tesla is notoriously unpredictable so as painful as it is to wait it is best to just wait for the VIN assignment. Did you complete profile in June? Most May/June EDDs are on October right now, odd yours is Jan.
My profile has been completed. This is my second model Y and I will be paying cash as well for this one. Yeah it is very odd, I don't know why mine bumped up to January. Before that it was October 27-November 16, which is still insane! I got my last model Y in 3 weeks back in June, 2020.