Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Might be seeing the light at the end of tunnel:)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know what they say about this. Mine is also 150 amp and I questioned this after the fact with no response.
My designer originally had a 100A. Had a 3 way phone call about this. Stated something about generation, 120% something and NEMA code. The panel is 200A and has 2- 100A now for the two sub-panels.
I just don't see it though and cannot debate it on the phone. But, he settled for 150A. In reality I doubt I could have such a load if everything is on. 28,800W at 80% of breaker.

The 3rd party certified installer was going to use a 200A break in the main panel.

Well, the coordinator called this morning on his own. Great.
He stated that I am now in the hands of the next phase, installation schedule.
They too called soon after his phone call.
Installation will be 7 April, first date that is good for me and them. :)
Two man team. As stated here, 7 AM, about 4 hours without power.
Just curious if the install crew spend overnight in city as the warehouse, I suppose where they come from, is 3 hours away.

Now to remember everything I learned and forgotten here. :rolleyes:

I guess city had no issue with two PWs.

Others of us who had their permits before the New standard got them approved too and had our installs after Jan 1, 2020.

In the end of the day your local building department is the deciding factor here so if Tesla has a permit, you are probably good to go.

FWIW, we just got our 2 powerwall + solarglass roof approved. Permit applied 1/24/2020, approved 2/12/2020.

I am starting to believe the posters that said the CA Fire code change does not impact residential installations of PWs.

Others of us who had their permits before the New standard got them approved too and had our installs after Jan 1, 2020.

In the end of the day your local building department is the deciding factor here so if Tesla has a permit, you are probably good to go.
My plan was approved this Feb. Not sure when the original submission was but had two updates. I guess they don't know or disregard it. Will find out on final.

Well, time for an update.
I was about to call Tesla scheduling to see if my installation on 7 Apr is still on. To my surprise I got a call
from them on a bad connection to reschedule.
Next date now is 21 May. I surely thought battery installs were important construction projects. :D

Yep. Everything is wacky. We are all in uncharted waters. We had many trips planed for this Spring and Summer. All cancelled. Now just hopping to make to Fall in one piece.
Same here. Luckily wife came back from Ireland in time but canceled trip to Canada and AZ. AZ was the most important part for us, our 1st grandson is 8 mo old a critical time for trying to walk, etc. Now, it is only face time and pictures perhaps a short 10 sec-20 sec segments.

Well, that light is brighter. :)
Had a call from a Tesla employee late yesterday wanted to stop in to see the site of the installation.

Came this morning, went over a good part of the install, all seems simple he said.:) He is not part of that team.
We'll see how that translates to the actual installation on May 21.:)

Well, that light is brighter. :)
Had a call from a Tesla employee late yesterday wanted to stop in to see the site of the installation.

Came this morning, went over a good part of the install, all seems simple he said.:) He is not part of that team.
We'll see how that translates to the actual installation on May 21.:)

I hope it all works out. Are they doing inspection down there? That is what is holding us up from paying Tesla and submitting PTO paperwork to PG&E

I hope it all works out. Are they doing inspection down there? That is what is holding us up from paying Tesla and submitting PTO paperwork to PG&E
Don't know how it is handled here right now.
Perhaps with construction opening up more than before, inspection must be open and operate.

Before this construction easing, there is a project for a fast food restaurant, McDonalds I think that burned down a couple of years ago was under construction. I called the DA as he stated he was cracking down on construction that was not important, figuring how is a McDonald was important as there are a few other s like it within blocks. Before this new rule to allow, newspaper stated specifically that McDonalds was necessary. Home Depot is crowded now.

Don't know how it is handled here right now.
Perhaps with construction opening up more than before, inspection must be open and operate.

Before this construction easing, there is a project for a fast food restaurant, McDonalds I think that burned down a couple of years ago was under construction. I called the DA as he stated he was cracking down on construction that was not important, figuring how is a McDonald was important as there are a few other s like it within blocks. Before this new rule to allow, newspaper stated specifically that McDonalds was necessary. Home Depot is crowded now.

Sounds like up here. Construction going like crazy. My city has taken all of the restrictions off the inspection department site. Now if I can just get Tesla's Solar inspection team to schedule with the city we can move forward.

On the McDonald's thing it sounds like people are trying to split hairs of what is and is not necessary. If restaurants are allowed to open, they should all be allowed to open.

On the McDonald's thing it sounds like people are trying to split hairs of what is and is not necessary. If restaurants are allowed to open, they should all be allowed to open.
Yes but MaD and such have drive in service same as the one under construction will have, no sit down yet.
PF Chang locally had take out service for a good while now, nothing in restaurant. Maybe now they will?

Well, today was the day that the sun shines at the tunnel end. :D

Before installation I laid out stud locations and a picture I took at house construction.
P1010829.JPG

And, the final installation:D
ATTACH=full]543680[/ATTACH]

Nice and clean. :D

Great crew. Arrived on time at 7:30 AM. Installed boxes and one PW. At 9:30 AM power shut off and wired them all up.
Test run about 12:30 but hit a snag with current sensor and range of reception. Swapped sensor order and they installed a range extender. After a bit of time lag, all seemed to work as it should. Now to access the IP and set up operation. Then was notified, city inspection canceled. But, it is up and running nicely, so far.:)
WOW, what a haul. Now the payment

Attachments

• P1010833.JPG
    P1010833.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010833.JPG
    P1010833.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: jjrandorin
View attachment 543694 Well, today was the day that the sun shines at the tunnel end. :D

Before installation I laid out stud locations and a picture I took at house construction.

And, the final installation:D View attachment 543680

Nice and clean. :D

Great crew. Arrived on time at 7:30 AM. Installed boxes and one PW. At 9:30 AM power shut off and wired them all up.
Test run about 12:30 but hit a snag with current sensor and range of reception. Swapped sensor order and they installed a range extender. After a bit of time lag, all seemed to work as it should. Now to access the IP and set up operation. Then was notified, city inspection canceled. But, it is up and running nicely, so far.:)
WOW, what a haul. Now the payment

Nice, very clean!

One question. Are there 1 or 2 PWs? Can't tell from the angle.

And are you going to run it to "test" it? (Don't answer this!!!)