Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milwaukee area Tesla owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, looking to purchase a Tesla, but have never sat in one in person or really even seen one up close. The closest Tesla "dealer" is almost 2 hours away for me in Illinois. If any Milwaukee area owners would be willing to meet up with me so I could check out their car it would be appreciated.

I know this is weird as a total new poster here and random stranger. For what it's worth, if it helps to know I'm not some random weirdo, I am bmwguy11 on the bimmerpost forums, and I wrote the current "ordering and tracking" guide for M3/M4 and other BMWs there. (I had a 2017 M3 until recently) I am also wisconsins2k on the s2ki forums, though I haven't been active there in quite some time.

There are a ton of Tesla owners in the Milwaukee area, but I would opine that you are really much better to take the 1.5 hour drive to Highland Park to test drive one (and determine that you really want to make that trek when you need service).

There are a ton of Tesla owners in the Milwaukee area, but I would opine that you are really much better to take the 1.5 hour drive to Highland Park to test drive one (and determine that you really want to make that trek when you need service).
If I decide to order one I'm certainly fine with that. I actually ordered and purchased my M3 from Knauz BMW which is just north of the highland park Tesla. Warranty work obviously would have to be done there as well, and I understand that. Maintenance I'd try to do myself. I've done a ton of work on cars, including replacing my S2k drive shaft and final drive gear, and all sorts of other auto work on various hondas and BMWs and Mercedes over the years. I think the only thing I'd need to learn is the battery coolant fluid change which I found some DIY guides on as well, and shouldn't be too complicated.

I had just hoped to see one in person here locally since it's a bit more convenient. I don't need to drive it I just want to see it in person. If ultimately no one wants to meet up and I have to drive down to highland park to do that, that's what I'll do.