Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minneapolis Service Center!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by the service center over the weekend while I was in St. Louis Park. (Power was out, not much else to do.) There is a nice Tesla sign and a glass overhead door on the building now. There was also a silver S inside charging. Looks like the 3 bays on the south-ish side of the building belong to Tesla. All white interiors with red lifts. Didn't have a camera along otherwise I would have posted pics.

MoA location for a store could have an indoor test drive track - or just pull one out into the hallway and give a lap around the mall.

BTW, I saw a black (or blue, hard to tell) MS headed south on 494 Monday around 4:30pm near Plymouth. My 11 year old asked how he was driving since the power was out. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, we had power. I actually live in Maple Grove, so we didn't lose power at all. But we actually got caught in the downpour Friday night. We ate dinner on the lake in Wayzata and were driving back. It was just sprinkling when we left, but by the time we reached 494/Carlson, there was zero visibility and everyone was pulling over. I exited to head for the parking ramps in the Carlson Towers (I was worried some hail was on its way). Got blocked by trees that had fallen down across Carlson Parkway.

Side note: my biggest complaint about the Tesla is that the windshield wipers do not operate at a sufficient speed for moderately heavy downpours.

Now Open!

Tesla now has a physical location in Minnesota that is open. Today I stopped by the Minneapolis (Eden Prairie) Service Center to check out the progress. It's officially open.
I got a tour of the facility and met the Service staff. I was introduced to the service manager and got to chat with him about where he was before Tesla. He was the most senior service technician working for Lexus in the Twin Cities. I also met one of the service technicians and she came from one of the Mercedes dealers in town. Basically, the Minneapolis service center has a top notch staff. While onsite I took a few pictures. It's a small service center compared to others I've seen, but packs a Tesla punch in design and feel. All model S vehicles onsite are service loaners. First picture below, more to come....

IMG_0713.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Bummer, I have limited storage ability and unable to upload any additional pictures. Trust me, the inside pictures are much better than the exterior.
If there is a work-a-round or trick, let me know.

Just a few more pics...

Let's try it again, here are two of the six inside pics I took.

I reduced their size, but could only upload two.
One picture is the office/delivery/retail area and the other is a few of the service bays. The service center had four Model S cars on site (all were service loaners) and one Telsa Ranger - Ford pick-up truck (not in picture). The two model S cars in the service bays were getting prepped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 334
Stopped in today to get my license plates put on (didn't want to do any more damage to the beautiful front of the Tesla than legally mandated).

The guys also snuck in a vacuum, car wash, and quick inspection while I was there. My car was very well taken care of for a quick drop in.

I also saw some P85 loaners and a couple of Model S's scheduled for delivery.