Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone hear anything about the forthcoming west-metro supercharger's location? The supercharger map on Tesla's website shows - I believe - three "coming soon" spots generally in the west metro. This is long overdue in my opinion, would love to know where they may go in! Anyone?

Reactions: lightfoot3b
Anyone hear anything about the forthcoming west-metro supercharger's location? The supercharger map on Tesla's website shows - I believe - three "coming soon" spots generally in the west metro. This is long overdue in my opinion, would love to know where they may go in! Anyone?

Yes, would love to know if the Minneapolis supercharger is in progress since the website says end of 2017.

I purchased my model s in 2016. I was told by Tesla that Minneapolis would have 3 SC by the end of 2016. When that didn't happen I contacted Tesla again and was told to be patient that they would be installed by the end of 2017. I have again contacted tesla corporate and guess what they will be installed by the end of 2018. It is very sad that tesla has ignored there costumes in Minnesota.

check out the updated supercharger map on Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla it shows new potential sites, including St. Louis Park, Maple Grove, bloomington area. now we need a couple outstate like brainerd/baxter, faribault, mankato. needs some love when at the lakes

Went and saw the one at Baxter over the weekend. 8 stalls at Arrowwood Lodge.

Saw a Model 3 charging while there!

Reactions: Cyberjr
I purchased my model s in 2016. I was told by Tesla that Minneapolis would have 3 SC by the end of 2016. When that didn't happen I contacted Tesla again and was told to be patient that they would be installed by the end of 2017. I have again contacted tesla corporate and guess what they will be installed by the end of 2018. It is very sad that tesla has ignored there costumes in Minnesota.
You are in my shoes 2 years later. I was told all that starting in 2014 about North Dakota... I don't have a single SC in the state yet. The midwest wasn't on their priority list after i-90 had the minimum 120mile distance setup early on. It's understandable, due to population centers, but then don't talk about it like it's happening.

Reactions: MarkoC
I stopped by the Albert Lea, MN Super charger on 01 June 2018, and was happy to see the chargers were replaced with the newer "lighted" chargers. I was raining when I went through, so, I did not get any photos. I did educate a few cops about Tesla in the McDonald's next door.

Does anyone have info about the Minnetonka SC? I have been trying to dig up some info, but turning up nothing.
No, but the current belief is pushing Tesla to show profit ASAP so there as been almost zero Supercharger happenings for a couple months(A few on the coasts and China the notable installs). The urban chargers are not high on the priority list right now either it seems, plus that one is slated for 2019 install so it could easily be a year until the location is even selected.