Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors stuck due to frost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi folks
Slightest frosty morning and mirrors won't open .i have to give them a helping hand whist pressing the unlock button on key.
I'm wondering if the mechanism for opening and closing the mirrors is being damaged by not being able to operate as they should.in my head I'm imagining plastic gears being stripped of teeth.
Also tried switching off auto fold to stop mirrors sticking tomorrow but after a while they have folded.then when I unlocked car and got in they were still folded not due to frost.so I enabled auto fold again and pressed open on key fob then mirrors opened again.
The mirrors seem to be possessed.

Same on an ice too ... I read of folk in, e.g. Norway, turning off auto-fold for the Winter. I don;t think trying to fold and failing will damage anything, pretty sure the mechanism is deigned to detect the resistance and "stop". Chucking some cold, or possibly warm, water over them should sort them out.

I've put some "stuff" on the rubbers around the windows too, because they get stuck in the cold.