Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing ECU/Charge Port Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* Cross posting on the LR Waiting Room as well *

FL folks waiting on the charge ports - SA confirmed yesterday that the WPB location is receiving more cars from Fremont and running out of space to put them due to the charge port hold cars taking up all the space. They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this....with that said, he mentioned that charge port ECUs should be arriving today or tomorrow and installed as fast as they can.

Take all that with a grain of salt but this morsel of information is better than anything i've gotten in the last 2 weeks.
Thanks for sharing this faint grain of light.....hoping that we are end of this dark tunnel of wait.

All the best to all buddies in the same tunnel

Same situation here but with RWD. Got vin Apr 25, got first 4 day EDD on May 9 (I assume that's when the car arrived in my SC) and then EDD has been changing by one day every day since then. I'm told car was made on Apr 22 so it's been over a month since the car was last charged (I assume). I visited the local SC couple of weeks ago and mentioned that I know about the ECU issue so the guy kind of said the car is waiting for that but for sure the car is at the SC (I couldn't physically see it though).

But it gets worse: a friend of mine, who already has a model 3, was able to order a new, upgraded ECU (the one he has doesn't support CCS so he wanted one that does) from a different SC in the Toronto area and they said it'll arrive in 7 to 10 business days. He placed an order mid this week.

Reactions: NNM3

(moderator note)

Thread merged with existing discussion thread noted

* Cross posting on the LR Waiting Room as well *

FL folks waiting on the charge ports - SA confirmed yesterday that the WPB location is receiving more cars from Fremont and running out of space to put them due to the charge port hold cars taking up all the space. They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this....with that said, he mentioned that charge port ECUs should be arriving today or tomorrow and installed as fast as they can.

Take all that with a grain of salt but this morsel of information is better than anything i've gotten in the last 2 weeks.
Thank you so much for the great journalism!!!!

Reactions: NNM3
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm duplicating an existing thread. I'm wondering if my experience is unique. I've had a VIN since early May. Estimated delivery has been pushed forward daily as Tesla is waiting for a missing chip essential to charging. It's currently set for May 27 - June 1 The sales reps have been cordial and professional. My car has long since been delivered to Tesla in Tampa. I'm wondering of anyone else nearby is having or had this issue and if deliveries have in fact been made. Thanks for listening.
welcome to the charge port ECU waiting room. There’s a handful of us FL folks who have placed orders early this year and late last year who's cars are just sitting at SCs waiting for the charge port control units. I’m waiting for delivery in Tampa as well. @canasion35 has been doing the lords work keeping us all updated on the debacle. Tesla had been very inconsistent with the info they are giving us in regards to updates on this matter. According to some recent posts around here, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, however. Maybe I’ll see you on delivery day lol.

Reactions: NNM3 and canasion35
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm duplicating an existing thread. I'm wondering if my experience is unique. I've had a VIN since early May. Estimated delivery has been pushed forward daily as Tesla is waiting for a missing chip essential to charging. It's currently set for May 27 - June 1 The sales reps have been cordial and professional. My car has long since been delivered to Tesla in Tampa. I'm wondering of anyone else nearby is having or had this issue and if deliveries have in fact been made. Thanks for listening.
Did you read this thread lol

• Funny
Reactions: NNM3 and Teleezen
I feel your pain.....

In my opinion, Tesla should have told you about the missing Charge Port ECU before shipping the car from MA. Infact, if the vehicle wasn't even ready, they shouldn't have listed it as available inventory.

I called today to check on the status of the missing parts at the SC in Miami and they didn't give me any date. Just casually asked me to call back next week. I told the representative about my frustration during the entire buying & waiting process and he said that hopefully you shall forget everything once you get the delivery of the vehicle, as the vehicle is so nice!!
Also waiting on my MY in Miami. “Confirmed” delivery date has been moved three times with no explanation.

Reactions: NNM3 and Teleezen
Around 0700 this morning (Virginia) my EDD was June 4-18. Steady for 2 weeks. By 0930 my EDD had slipped to November 2022 to February 2023. 😳 Yikes. It is what it is. Maybe it will be a Texas MYLR when it arrives. OD was November 2021. MYLR Blue White Tow package Gemini wheels and no FSD. Appears SC challenges have really started to affect the master of supply chains.

Tesla had a delivery date of 5/5/22 for my red MY white interior in Honolulu. When the car arrived off the boat on 5/4 they called to say the ECU needed to be replaced. I have contacted them weekly for updates with no progress. Last week they said they had over 30 cars in queue and only received 6 ECU’s the week before so I asked to be put on a priority list since I have an outstanding loan with my credit union and have already paid the deposit in the Tesla app. I called for an update yesterday but have no heard any updates this week when the articles started coming out that this has been affecting a lot more deliveries out there.

I hope we can all get our cars soon!

Anyone else worried about possible damage to the battery? These vehicles are now 4+ weeks without any charging.
Exactly my thought, is there an expert opinion here. This is a long term purchase for me and don't want to find out in five years I have battery degredation. Or I can't get full charge if I want it. Most SA do not seem to have a straight answer about this. Perhaps we need to decline the vin.

Reactions: Teleezen
Exactly my thought, is there an expert opinion here. This is a long term purchase for me and don't want to find out in five years I have battery degredation. Or I can't get full charge if I want it. Most SA do not seem to have a straight answer about this. Perhaps we need to decline the vin.
I wonder if supercharging the car would work.

I think that would bypass the onboard charger (ECU). That's how supercharging is so fast. Not sure if/how the ECU plays a part in supercharging (start/stop) though.

I'm no electrical engineer in fact I'm a quality engineer (hilarious I will have two Tesla's lol).