Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.10.0, Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! My iPhone App sits at 3.10.0 and I have no notification to update. Let’s hope this is it, as I’d love to get that Homelink button!

I'm not sure I just got the update and thus far I don't have the homelink button on my app not sure what it takes to get that but it seems any car that's pre autopilot doesn't get it.

• Informative
Reactions: AlasCon
Me too.
LR RWD without AP/FSD and have Homelink setup on my garage door but no Homelink button in the app.
The release notes don’t say that having either of those options is a prerequisite for getting it in the app.
Has anyone Tweeted this to Elon? (I don’t do Twitter)

Interesting! My iPhone App sits at 3.10.0 and I have no notification to update. Let’s hope this is it, as I’d love to get that Homelink button!
Click on the picture in the Apple Store as if you’re going to read the info or version history and it will say Update there.

51DDB374-9C4C-45B5-85DE-F4C065760A8B.jpeg
Fred

• Informative
Reactions: AlasCon
I think that everyone in this thread has already identified the issue but does not want to believe it. It appears to me that the homelink button IN THE APP is tied to having the summon feature. Also, as previously mentioned, there is a homelink button on the summon screen in the app (top right corner) for those who have summon.

Tesla is NOT the only manufacturer that bundles seemingly unrelated features together in a bundle. EVERY SINGLE CAR MANUFACTURER does that. They all do. They sometimes make you buy the bigger engine vehicle to get feature X or Y. The further you go up the luxury food chain in cars, the more customizable it tends to be, but then you are also paying additional for a bunch of features and people say "A hyundai has that standard, why am I paying for that extra????"

No one is OWED "homelink from the app" . If you paid for it and it works from your car, thats what you paid for. Anything else is "extra". Tesla may enable this due to complaints, or may not, but people saying that they "paid for homelink from the app" is not correct. You paid for homelink, which if it works in the car, is working.

Reactions: Wennfred
I'm not sure I just got the update and thus far I don't have the homelink button on my app not sure what it takes to get that but it seems any car that's pre autopilot doesn't get it.

I got my M3 in early April and paid $3,000 for AP - bad timing, as the same car is now $4,000 cheaper but, well, it could have gone up too, you never know, and I’ve been loving this incredible vehicle for 6 months now :) Point being: I did get AP but still no App update nor Homelink button. I am currently pondering whether to fork over $6,000 before 11/1 for FSD...

I think that everyone in this thread has already identified the issue but does not want to believe it. It appears to me that the homelink button IN THE APP is tied to having the summon feature. Also, as previously mentioned, there is a homelink button on the summon screen in the app (top right corner) for those who have summon.

Tesla is NOT the only manufacturer that bundles seemingly unrelated features together in a bundle. EVERY SINGLE CAR MANUFACTURER does that. They all do. They sometimes make you buy the bigger engine vehicle to get feature X or Y. The further you go up the luxury food chain in cars, the more customizable it tends to be, but then you are also paying additional for a bunch of features and people say "A hyundai has that standard, why am I paying for that extra????"

No one is OWED "homelink from the app" . If you paid for it and it works from your car, thats what you paid for. Anything else is "extra". Tesla may enable this due to complaints, or may not, but people saying that they "paid for homelink from the app" is not correct. You paid for homelink, which if it works in the car, is working.

Here is how the app looks for me (I have purchased EAP, and upgraded to FSD in april of this year, so I have all features tesla offers).

I think its fairly obvious that, at least currently, If you have FSD you have these controls, and if you dont, you currently dont. Unless something changes, there doesnt appear to be any further reason to discuss why someone without at a minimum EAP (thus having summon), doesnt have this feature in the app.

IMG_4205.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4204.PNG
    IMG_4204.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
I would agree, up until they promise that the feature would be available specifically for my config through the release notes that appeared in my car. Once they promise it, I say they owe it and should either admit it was a mistake or fulfill the promise.

I love my car and fully support Tesla's mission. I won't go all up in arms and attack Tesla over it like many people who buy a car right before some unannounced hardware improvement, or like some early adopters who think Tesla owes them something extra. It would just be nice to have some clarity about this feature that I was told I would get and haven't gotten.

I am in the same boat, no AP, no FSD and no homelink button in the app. However, I have been able to trigger one garage to open using the Tesla Tasker app using the Toggle Homelink. (I have 2 doors programmed, it opened door #2). Door #2 was added after updating to v10 and app 3.10. Door #2 does not show up in the app.

I am thinking of removing both doors from the car homelink and adding them again to see if that changes the situation. anyone tried that?

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
For those of you who have this enabled in the app (I do, AP1 car), how does this handle multiple HomeLink receivers?

I have my car "linked" to my gate and my garage door but don't see an option to decide which one to trigger within the app? By default, it's opening the garage door for me and I can't find a way to open the gate so that's a bit of a bummer...no matter how nice my driveway is :)

Mine just says it's not near the homelink, even though it's parked directly under it and the GPS triggers it just fine as I drive up to the door. :(

I have two homelinks configured (a gate & a garage). It would be really nice if instead of dead-ending me at "I can't find a nearby homelink" it would offer a "manual trigger" question of "which of these two would you like me to trigger?".

As it is the feature is currently 100% broken, for me. Car's parked in the outside garage with its door shut, & I still need to carry the manual door opener to access the car.

Where best to report bugs like this?

I totally understand this however in the release notes they should have worded "Tesla vehicles with Summon or Smart summon now have the homelink button added to the controls section and can open a garage from their phones" but instead it says "Now you can open garage from the app" basically that means everyone with latest phone app and homelink in the car...which then makes me and most of us feel like we were promised this ability when in reality only summon or smart summon people are ...there's no reason why it can't be added if we don't have fsd...and I'll gladly pay another 50 or 100 bucks for this feature as I have a camera pointed at my garage and if I had this option on my phone and my car nearby I could close it and not have to walk downstairs to close the door

I totally understand this however in the release notes they should have worded "Tesla vehicles with Summon or Smart summon now have the homelink button added to the controls section and can open a garage from their phones" but instead it says "Now you can open garage from the app" basically that means everyone with latest phone app and homelink in the car...which then makes me and most of us feel like we were promised this ability when in reality only summon or smart summon people are ...there's no reason why it can't be added if we don't have fsd...and I'll gladly pay another 50 or 100 bucks for this feature as I have a camera pointed at my garage and if I had this option on my phone and my car nearby I could close it and not have to walk downstairs to close the door

I couldn't agree more. The release notes said nothing about having to have any form of autopilot on the car. It stated those with a programmed homelink in the car and the latest version of the app would get this feature in the app.

Reactions: UnicornDriver