Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022 - Tesla confirms adapter included with cars ordered before 04/17/22]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like someone who is worried about this could actually call an SA and ask? surely with all the hubbub they have been instructed on what to tell people with outstanding orders who call worried.
This morning…

ACE87E7B-05ED-4A61-A708-DE26896EF7EF.jpeg

Most of my Tesla friends have Wall Chargers (same as me). I leave the mobile charger in my trunk.

Interesting...when we asked our sales associate if we should get one he said "not really". He said it will charge about 50 minutes faster overnight but you'll be sleeping...the only other reason is if you leave your garage open so you neighbors can see it b/c it "looks cool".

SO we passed. LOL Luckily we have two as we have two Teslas...one stays home and one goes in LR on "trips".

I blame everyone who didn't use theirs. But then I wonder what everyone used?
I mean we use ours several times a week with the NEMA 14-50 adapter. What does everyone else use? LOL
The included mobile connector with a 6-50 plug adapter is now my primary EVSE in the garage. I had intended to use an existing wall-mount EVSE that I had for a previous EV along with the included J1772 adapter, but that EVSE did not play nicely with the Model 3 (sometimes charged, but frequently failed to communicate properly to start charging when desired).

Hint: if you are looking for a J1772 EVSE to charge both a Tesla and a J1772 EV, the one that did not like the Model 3 was a Siemens Versicharge.

Interesting...when we asked our sales associate if we should get one he said "not really". He said it will charge about 50 minutes faster overnight but you'll be sleeping...the only other reason is if you leave your garage open so you neighbors can see it b/c it "looks cool".

SO we passed. LOL Luckily we have two as we have two Teslas...one stays home and one goes in LR on "trips".

I got it because it was convenient. The cables just loop around the unit and the cables are very long. $500 for convenience was worth it to me.

I got it because it was convenient. The cables just loop around the unit and the cables are very long. $500 for convenience was worth it to me.

The install was a lot more at least here in Georgia and I have a Tesla wall mount cord holder that is very convenient and works perfect. To each his own...just make sure you leave your garage door open!

Still a communications failure from Tesla. This should be clearly specified on Tesla’s website. Customers should not have to shake down a sales advisor to get this information.
They wouldn't have to if they didn't read some nonsense forum and fearmongering youtubers. They would just show up pick up their car or order their car and get exactly what it stated in both cases.

Reactions: BMWM3Man