Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022 - Tesla confirms adapter included with cars ordered before 04/17/22]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mobile connector with the NEMA adapter was how I did 99% of my charging on my prior Tesla and I'm counting on that being included on my new delivery. It stated that it came with it when I purchased the car so it would seem like it applies to future orders.
They also stated the cars would have lumbar support, usb data. Tesla does what it wants.

Just heard from my Tesla rep that they haven’t heard of any changes to the mobile charger being included even after Elons statement. For now existing order holders should be okay and my rep said they’ed update me if they hear differently.

"Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order
may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

This listed under Agreement to Purchase section of the order agreement. Was just curious if there was any language in the agreement that could screw us. I have already had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in preparation of delivery. I'll be pretty upset if the already inflated price I paid for the car is already stripping parts needed for it to function.

Tesla acts as if they have no competition so I agree they feel like they can do whatever they want. Is there a documented example where it listed the lumbar support as an included feature at the time of order but wasn't on the delivered vehicle?
I believe not (also USB was not either), which is why people were pretty much SOL if they argued about it. If anyone has documented evidence of the mobile connected listed as being included, it would make sense to take a screen shot now, so that it can be used in future claim against Tesla.

The mobile connectors are out of stock so the demand for the wall connectors are going to increase and then either they too will be out of stock soon or a price increase for the wall connector will be short coming.

Order your wall connector now because imho, it is going to be a hot commodity very, very soon.

I believe not (also USB was not either), which is why people were pretty much SOL if they argued about it. If anyone has documented evidence of the mobile connected listed as being included, it would make sense to take a screen shot now, so that it can be used in future claim against Tesla.
6F86A1D5-3887-48C5-B4A1-7F54F9C63440.png

In most market regions, Model 3 is equipped with a Mobile Connector and the adapter(s) needed to plug into the most commonly used power outlets. When using the Mobile Connector, first plug the Mobile Connector into the power outlet, attach an adapter (if needed), and then plug in Model 3.

This directly from the owners manual under the charging section. Might want to screenshot that just in case

The mobile connectors are out of stock so the demand for the wall connectors are going to increase and then either they too will be out of stock soon or a price increase for the wall connector will be short coming.

Order your wall connector now because imho, it is going to be a hot commodity very, very soon.
You don't have to use a Tesla charger. There are plenty of high quality J-1772 chargers on the market that work great. I'm using a Clipper Creek 40 amp wall charger. The nice thing is that it's not hard-wired. It plugs into a NEMA 14-50 plug. So I can easily take it with me if I move.

I assume a J-1772 adapter still comes with the car but if you go that route you might want an extra so you can keep one in the garage and one in the car.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
In most market regions, Model 3 is equipped with a Mobile Connector and the adapter(s) needed to plug into the most commonly used power outlets. When using the Mobile Connector, first plug the Mobile Connector into the power outlet, attach an adapter (if needed), and then plug in Model 3.

This directly from the owners manual under the charging section. Might want to screenshot that just in case
I guess they could say your market region is one that no longer includes the Connector.

And call me a pedant but aren't those instructions out of order? Pretty sure you need to attach the adapter before plugging into the outlet.