Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model 3 Öhlins DFV Coilovers - Engineered by Redwood Motorsports ™

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there still performance kits for P3D in stock? I'm in Newark (next to Fremont) and would love to do this (especially +install). My only worry is the slight NVH mentioned. It sounds like there's a split of people who've had this issue.

I had KW v3s (RCE re-branded) on my Subaru BRZ and WRX, then did Ohlins on my STI (with Ohlins top hats) and these really were the best coilovers I ever had. The KWs were great, but Ohlins were just a step above in ride compliance - without sacrificing sportiness. I don't remember added NVH on these cars - but they were all obnoxiously loud.

Are there still performance kits for P3D in stock? I'm in Newark (next to Fremont) and would love to do this (especially +install). My only worry is the slight NVH mentioned. It sounds like there's a split of people who've had this issue.

I had KW v3s (RCE re-branded) on my Subaru BRZ and WRX, then did Ohlins on my STI (with Ohlins top hats) and these really were the best coilovers I ever had. The KWs were great, but Ohlins were just a step above in ride compliance - without sacrificing sportiness. I don't remember added NVH on these cars - but they were all obnoxiously loud.

I had the performance set installed last week on my AWD. I would like more time/miles with the setup before posting a review, but so far no NVH issues.

Yes we have a few sets left in stock currently and can install this week. We have another production run in the works but will end up with a gap of inventory for most likely a month or so... anyone wanting a set please email [email protected] and we can verify what is in stock.

The bearing issue is annoying as it seems that Aurora has a wide tolerance for their bearing tightness... normally not an issue but on a divorced spring (side load on the shock shaft) with a spherical, with a silent car that likes to amplify noises... a tighter bearing will cause noise before it breaks in. We are now checking bearing tightness before we ship/install kits. As far as mileage for the bearings to break in, it's honestly hard to say as it depends on how tight the tolerances are on that particular bearing. Moving forward we will be monitoring bearing tolerance more specifically. Anyone with noise issues we will swap out the bearings for you, or offer a low cost rubber lower mount upgrade (upcoming). Most cars simply do not have this noise present however, and it seems to be a small percentage of customers.

Reactions: dsgerbc
Anyone with noise issues we will swap out the bearings for you, or offer a low cost rubber lower mount upgrade (upcoming). Most cars simply do not have this noise present however, and it seems to be a small percentage of customers.

I'm glad to hear this. As mentioned, I love absolutely everything about this setup minus the bearings rattle. I've only driven about 2500 miles on them and there's been no decrease in rattle thus far so I'll be keeping an eye out for any announcements on the rubber lower mounts if the noise is still present.

Is that a Redwood kit? If so something is wrong, and please contact us. That noise is not common or acceptable.

The fronts are all but silent. Anyone experiencing noise from the rear please email us and we will help resolve this for you - either with a new lower bearing or with the upcoming rubber lower mount. We take NVH seriously, especially on the Model 3 platform, and would like to help anyone with NVH issues resolve them. Performance and comfort wise you guys should have a good idea of where the Redwood kit stacks up vs the other kits available, but not only do we want to have the best performing and most comfortable coilover kits out there, we strive to have the quietest!

Anyone with NVH issues please contact us directly [email protected] and we will help you resolve them!

Absolutely not!

that is Tesla stock shock!
I noticed how I open ended I worded the post which can give the reader the impression its because of you guys, and that is 1000% my faut.

I reported my post to admins hopefully they will delete it. Redwood, please hit the report button as well.

No worries! If you decide you'd like to upgrade to a Redwood kit just let us know :) but that should be diagnosed at a tesla service center first as it could be a bad ball joint, shock or other significant issue that should be resolved asap.

Just got mine installed by @RedwoodMotors w/ Titan T-S5s. A whopping 30 minutes of driving on city streets so far - feels more comfortable than stock and real fun around the corners. <3 Ohlins.

IMG_9998.jpg IMG_2827.jpg