Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So these are still out of stock but now the Tesla online store page has them listed for $80 now instead of the original $35. Wtf!!! Now I’m even more pissed I didn’t grab these when they were in stock...

This is absolute BS. What a joke. Tesla making some questionable choices lately it seems. We want to assume they are doing what they need to but inflating the price of this kit by over 100% of the original price is absurd. $28 or $35 seemed like a really good price. I could see it being $50, but $80 is ridiculous.

Last edited:
So these are still out of stock but now the Tesla online store page has them listed for $80 now instead of the original $35. Wtf!!! Now I’m even more pissed I didn’t grab these when they were in stock...
This is ridiculous. Over double the price. I should have known something was up when the local SC quoted me $60 for the same thing. When something from Tesla is surprisingly reasonably priced . . .

This is ridiculous. Over double the price. I should have known something was up when the local SC quoted me $60 for the same thing. When something from Tesla is surprisingly reasonably priced . . .

Yeah. I mean $80 for something to add to a $50,000 car probably is pennies but I think it’s the principle. Don’t give something to people for $35 and then change the price to $80.

Well I just called the parts department at the location I'll be taking delivery at next week and ordered the center caps and lug nut covers. Parts department guy said the center caps were $15 each! Used to be $5 each. I really prefer the look with the aero covers off so I'm going to suck it up and fork over $60 for the center caps. Not happy about the ridiculous sudden price increase though. Should have them for me to pick up when I take delivery on Thursday.

PSA from Wikipedia

"supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It postulates that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good, or other traded item such as labor or liquid financial assets, will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded (at the current price) will equal the quantity supplied (at the current price)"

My local service center said that a change in ordering/stocking policy now means that if a customer-accessible part (like this cap kit) is out of stock online, priority is given to online restocking and the SC's won't get any more until after they're available online.

PSA from Wikipedia
"supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It postulates that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good, or other traded item such as labor or liquid financial assets, will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded (at the current price) will equal the quantity supplied (at the current price)"

PSA from Wikipedia
"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent."