Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may also get the aero wheels for long distance trips and caps for every day. The duct tape method seems hit or miss. Any thoughts on removing the center cap with a suction cup? I am unsure of the dimensions (they're not listed on the Tesla site), but perhaps a 3 inch roof suction cup to help pull it out?

That's a great idea. You'd need to clean off the caps before suction-cupping them, though with a small, locking suction cup, I imagine they'd come right off.

Like these guys:

Heavy-Duty Suction Cups (Pair) iFixit

really-want.jpg

I got some caps from tesla a few weeks back. I tried the duct tape trick to take them out to put the aero caps back on, but the tape didn’t work at all. The easiest way I’ve found is to use a suuuuuper small flat head screwdriver to pop them out. It doesn’t scratch the rim or cap and only takes 3 seconds per cap to remove them.

• Helpful
Reactions: suwaneedad

I didn't want to pay $15 + shipping so I just bought one on Aliexpress for $1.16 shipped. It'll take a month to arrive (not bad considering I haven't even configured yet).

Not sure if linking is allowed but: New Heavy Duty Suction Cup Car Dent Remover Puller Auto Dent Body Glass Removal Tool-in Hand Tool Sets from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group. It has a 120 reviews + almost 900 orders and for $1 shipped, it was worth a shot.