Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 after Alignment Many error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I hit my rear left tire on a curb due to slippery road conditions. And I had all this error messages on the display. Today I did the alignment and as you see everything is in line but the messages don’t go away. Any suggestions what could be the problem and how to reset all this error messages?

Attachments

• 234FABC2-952C-4DE0-A04C-2ACB0A16FABF.jpeg
    234FABC2-952C-4DE0-A04C-2ACB0A16FABF.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 433
  • CD3CC36B-7077-4CF7-ADA9-C1547B209DEA.jpeg
    CD3CC36B-7077-4CF7-ADA9-C1547B209DEA.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 360
It sure looks like you hit a lot more than one rear tire. Your front toe before was really out of whack. All of that is so far off that it seems unlikely all you did is gently bend the tie rods. You sure that you didn't break anything else? How quickly did these warnings show up after the impact?

If they took a few miles, then I bet they will go away after a few miles. There are no specific sensors on a Tesla for the steering angle needing adjustment, it infers it from the steering angle and the direction of the car. This takes time. Pretty sure all your other errors come out of this one.

You can also try turning the wheel all the way to the left and then right, with many cars that re-centers the steering sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0
It sure looks like you hit a lot more than one rear tire. Your front toe before was really out of whack. All of that is so far off that it seems unlikely all you did is gently bend the tie rods. You sure that you didn't break anything else? How quickly did these warnings show up after the impact?

If they took a few miles, then I bet they will go away after a few miles. There are no specific sensors on a Tesla for the steering angle needing adjustment, it infers it from the steering angle and the direction of the car. This takes time. Pretty sure all your other errors come out of this one.

You can also try turning the wheel all the way to the left and then right, with many cars that re-centers the steering sensor.

I would try a reboot to see if the messages clear. One of the messages is alignment but the printout says it's good. Otherwise a Service is needed.
I did it with no luck

Upvote 0
The other day I hit my rear left tire on a curb due to slippery road conditions. And I had all this error messages on the display. Today I did the alignment and as you see everything is in line but the messages don’t go away. Any suggestions what could be the problem and how to reset all this error messages?
I would take a close look at the inner shoulders of those front tires. If you didn't hit them, when you hit the left rear, then those tires may have been driven out-of-toe, for a long time. Have you ever had them aligned before?

Sometimes, the systems needs to sleep, a hard reboot, not a soft one, in order to completely reset.

Upvote 0

Well I was doing about 40mph and I missed a stop sign went to the opposite side of the road, barely touched the front wheel and then most of the hit went to the rear wheel. The road was covered whit fresh snow and i didn't expect to have no breaks at all.
The mechanic shop inspected the suspension and they said that no bent or broken suspension parts ware found and that's why they continued with the alignment. I think I had the rest of the warnings right away. I also tried turning the wheels left and right but it didn't change anything.

Upvote 0

I would try a reboot to see if the messages clear. One of the messages is alignment but the printout says it's good. Otherwise a Service is needed.
I did it but it didn't work

Upvote 0
I would take a close look at the inner shoulders of those front tires. If you didn't hit them, when you hit the left rear, then those tires may have been driven out-of-toe, for a long time. Have you ever had them aligned before?

Sometimes, the systems needs to sleep, a hard reboot, not a soft one, in order to completely reset.
Front tires are perfectly fine. But yes I barely touched the front left too.
I will let it sleep tonight and check in the morning.

Upvote 0

Well I was doing about 40mph and I missed a stop sign went to the opposite side of the road, barely touched the front wheel and then most of the hit went to the rear wheel. The road was covered whit fresh snow and i didn't expect to have no breaks at all.

• Informative
Upvote 0
I'd try to find out what the alignment shop did. The sheet you posted suggests that your rear toe was out by 28mm and they fixed it. That's simply not possible. The rear suspension isn't really adjustable so all they could have done is loosen the bolts and nudge it a little, maybe 1mm at best.

As for the error messages, is your steering wheel straight?

Reactions: rickyjb and rpiotro
Upvote 0
I'd try to find out what the alignment shop did. The sheet you posted suggests that your rear toe was out by 28mm and they fixed it. That's simply not possible. The rear suspension isn't really adjustable so all they could have done is loosen the bolts and nudge it a little, maybe 1mm at best.

This.

The toe numbers in the print out are WAY OUT of spec, so much so that it looks like shenanigans.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0
The rear suspension isn't really adjustable so all they could have done is loosen the bolts and nudge it a little, maybe 1mm at best.
Toe in the rear is specifically adjustable with eccentric bolts. The 26mm is across the width of the tire. The bolts in the back absolutely support that kind of adjustment, not just 1mm which would only be a few hundredths of a degree- if they could manufacture that precisely, there would be no toe adjustments on the car.

In fact, the most likely way to get 26mm that can actually get fixed is just that the adjuster came loose or slipped to one end of the range.

Upvote 0

They told me something came out and they put it back in place and they ware able to align the wheels. As for the steering wheel it’s perfectly straight and the car drives straight as well.

• Informative
Upvote 0