Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Audio Flat Sounding From Rear Speakers?

Snowball316

Mar 15, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Must be nice to get in for service in a decent timeframe. Here in Tampa they are 6 weeks out from getting cars serviced. I just reset the car again and told Tesla. Still no response from their terrible tech support.
I got lucky, I was anticipating two weeks out. However I had to chose a service center that I am not a fan on (prior experience). The original center was booked, so I just took whatever worked in the mean time.

Snowball316

Mar 15, 2021
Bay Area, CA
This is getting annoying as 💩...this is obvious software update bug. Never had before most recent update...now daily loss of immersive audio and need for 2 wheel reset.
Just took it to service center and they tried to exempt the warranty by saying its the tinted window..
I said come on.. if it was it would had happend a few months ago and others are experiencing the same problem.

Snowball316

Mar 15, 2021
Bay Area, CA
This is getting annoying as 💩...this is obvious software update bug. Never had before most recent update...now daily loss of immersive audio and need for 2 wheel reset.

Update: So no hardware issue; it appears to be a software bug. I wanted to get it in before my warranty were to expire.

Snowball316

Mar 15, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Seems right - I had this issue week of Oct 25-29, had to hard reboot every time I took a drive, multiple times a day. This week, seems to be resolved - no issues (yet).
updated as of today with the new software patch no issues so far.

Prior to the software patch went to tesla service center and no hardware issue.

To conclude it was just a glitch from the software.

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
There have been reports of an update saving energy in sentry mode by disabling the audio amp... And failing to enable it again when you drive after. A reboot fixes it. Seems that's what you guys have been seeing. A future software update should fix it I guess

Reactions: Snowball316

EV1LBONG

Aug 7, 2021
Pinole CA
This just happened to me for the first time today... and a reboot doesn't fix it :/ anyone else recently start experiening this issue? I'm on the current latest 10.4 FSD beta firmware 2021.36.8.5 ... in addition to the rear speakers/sub being out, my voice recognition (which until now had been nearly flawless) is clearly fubar and transcribes maybe 30% of what I say properly.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC