Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 bio-defense filter? Anyone heard of one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you’re saying that people are panic buying masks over their concern for keeping others healthy? Right...

No he's saying people are buying them because they're idiots who THINK it will protect THEM- but won't- because the best use of the mask is to keep someone already sick from infecting others- not the other way around.

No he's saying people are buying them because they're idiots who THINK it will protect THEM- but won't- because the best use of the mask is to keep someone already sick from infecting others- not the other way around.
+1
It's irrational and human nature to do "something" esp. if in panic. I'm more concerned about pollution (bigger killer than Covid-19)

Back to the topic, I'm curious if using some of the "BioDefense" type filters would actually harm the HVAC as some have mentioned or void warranty? Bummer that Tesla didn't offer it like they do for S/X.

+1
It's irrational and human nature to do "something" esp. if in panic. I'm more concerned about pollution (bigger killer than Covid-19)

Back to the topic, I'm curious if using some of the "BioDefense" type filters would actually harm the HVAC as some have mentioned or void warranty? Bummer that Tesla didn't offer it like they do for S/X.

I doubt it but if it did, just swap in some stock Tesla filters and bring it into a service center and play dumb. You'll get that warranty repair.

The filter doesn't affect how fast the fan spins, it only affects how much of the air that you feel. You're not going to put any additional stress on the fan other than maybe running it at a higher setting than you would otherwise. If it breaks due to that it's definitely a warranty issue, no dumb-playing required.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I doubt it but if it did, just swap in some stock Tesla filters and bring it into a service center and play dumb. You'll get that warranty repair.

The filter doesn't affect how fast the fan spins, it only affects how much of the air that you feel. You're not going to put any additional stress on the fan other than maybe running it at a higher setting than you would otherwise. If it breaks due to that it's definitely a warranty issue, no dumb-playing required.

thx! I wish they would have made it easy to swap like in other cars. I watched a mobile tech do it (had it done due to mold smell issue already) you have to be a contortionist

So you’re saying that people are panic buying masks over their concern for keeping others healthy? Right...

I can't fix stupid. This applies the people who hoard toilet paper and bullets too.

Medical personal can use the masks to protect themselves, the public should use the masks to prevent themselves from spreading germs. The stigma out west on face masks make it very difficult for the society to use it.