Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 camping in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arh, its these. I'll update when they arrive but I'm hopeful they should be ok for the occasional trip - I may add some extra black fabric if they seem to shiny, don't want to attracting any unneeded attention.

Matress looks good, going to order one :)
Great.

Keen to hear how the side window blinds work out. Can you trim them to fit as they don't look like they're specifically made for the model 3?

Great.

Keen to hear how the side window blinds work out. Can you trim them to fit as they don't look like they're specifically made for the model 3?

So I have the blind kit and just being having a play around with it. Really happy with the set, especially for the price. Fits well, no trimming required. Its the typical reflective material. I can't decide if it looks too obvious, being silver or that I'm just being paranoid - I'm not exactly planning on sleeping in Sainsburys car park.

It also comes with suction cups but tbh as in the pictures below you could probably use without. (My OCD would get annoyed by the marks on the windows lol)

Just need something for the front Sunroof now, typically the ones i've looked at cost more than half I paid for this entire set.

Got the camping mat and it seems decent, so thanks for that. Just need to try it out with pillows etc now.

20201013_181226.jpg
20201013_181556.jpg
20201013_181559.jpg
20201013_181600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Medved_77
So I have the blind kit and just being having a play around with it. Really happy with the set, especially for the price. Fits well, no trimming required. Its the typical reflective material. I can't decide if it looks too obvious, being silver or that I'm just being paranoid - I'm not exactly planning on sleeping in Sainsburys car park.

It also comes with suction cups but tbh as in the pictures below you could probably use without. (My OCD would get annoyed by the marks on the windows lol)

Just need something for the front Sunroof now, typically the ones i've looked at cost more than half I paid for this entire set.

Got the camping mat and it seems decent, so thanks for that. Just need to try it out with pillows etc now.View attachment 598178 View attachment 598179 View attachment 598180 View attachment 598181
They seem like a really good fit!

Do you have a Waitrose near you? Clientele there are a bit better off and less likely to cause agro if you did fancy a night in a supermarket car park :)

• Funny
Reactions: Drew57
I would recommend them for sure and delivery didn't take too long really.

I know for you it would mean you had duplicates of things but maybe you could mix and match.

:D Well the car would certainly fit in at a Waitrose carpark! Probably still going to stick with somewhere quieter outside town :)

I would recommend them for sure and delivery didn't take too long really.

I know for you it would mean you had duplicates of things but maybe you could mix and match.

:D Well the car would certainly fit in at a Waitrose carpark! Probably still going to stick with somewhere quieter outside town :)
My mum has just finished making covers for the side windows out of lycra. Will try them out tomorrow and will post images of the fit.

Reactions: Godsense
In France there are lots of bans on wild camping....however the law can be vague.....the last I looked, some were arguing that as long as you didn’t have any outside furniture or awning, then you were parking and not camping. On the videos I’ve seen of sleeping in a Tesla there are screens that can be bought to completely hide the occupants so not to give a clue that you are inside.
The advantage of a campsite is the electricity

The last time I stopped at an aires on a French motorway, the police knocked on our door and advised us to move...they said that gangs coming north from Marseille were breaking into motor homes and attacking the occupants...I asked about going further north and he said that then you can encounter the gangs from Lyon coming south 😀🥺...anyhow we went off the motorway and always found a nice quiet place, often very scenic, to spend the nights.
In fact one time a truck that came from the U.K. to deliver furniture to us was attacked and robbed

I have one of these, they do model 3 as well. Clips to the sunvisors and the coathooks with a sucker for the rear quarter window, allows doors to open as usual and takes up no room at all

We're camping in Scotland next weekend to get away from all the royal nonsense

from 12:12

Last edited:
Reactions: 15Peter20
This is SO cool.
Can your mum help me too?

I'm trying to find a cover for the tesla that has an opening for the ventilation (camp mode) and also a gap/transparent part for the sunroof.

This is SO cool.
Can your mum help me too?

I'm trying to find a cover for the tesla that has an opening for the ventilation (camp mode) and also a gap/transparent part for the sunroof.
OK, so I did ask her but she's not keen I'm afraid. She doesn't have the template anymore that we used and aside from that she's enjoying her retirement and very soon a new grandchild.

There wasn't too much to it though if you know someone that can operate a sewing machine? I just traced the front and rear windows onto some cardboard, bought the lycra from a fabric shop and my mum just wrapped the lycra around the cardboard and sewed 2 sides, 1 side being folded from the single piece of lycra and the bottom being open so that it slots onto the window. Few adjustments with pins once on the car and a bit more sewing later....

They work well though as you can vent the windows with them on, and close them again and they stay in position.

Not quite sure what you would want a lycra cover for the roof? The roof blind I have is like a net, so it blocks a lot of light but you can still see out of it. Additionally there's a silver sheet that clips onto it if you want to totally block out the light from the roof. Those parts are in a link contained within my profile if you want to take a look.

I saw you were looking at a car cover in your other post, I've got no idea how you'd be intending to get in and out of the car with the cover on :) I think you'd need an assistant to tuck you in at night!

Edit: Just seen you have a model Y. Suspect the same roof blinds are available for the Y but haven't checked.

Last edited: