Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you read this? I saw that they topped it off but am concerned that this could be the final top up
That was prior to the top up. I have no idea if there will be another top up. I have a few friends who work for the NDP although not in this particular area so they don’t have any info specifically but their read on the situation is that until we get closer to the date that ice sales are stopped the government will continue to give carrots to get people to switch. However, the said covid has messed so much up and cost so much money that a lot of things that are nice to haves aren’t going to be need to haves in the short term. So their advice was to try and get it all done quickly while there is still money in the pot. Again they stressed they don’t know anything for sure but just their read on the current climate. my advice as someone who has worked for a “special interest group” that lobbied government frequently would be a couple things. Write you MLA and thank them for the program and make sure you frame it as helping you afford a reliable and safer car for your children or that the rebate helped you afford a more reliable car to get to work and helped you keep costs down making living and working in BC more affordable. The email will go to a staffer but they track numbers on people supporting different programs and if it’s a nice email with a relatable story it gives them ammunition in arguing that the program should be maintained. Also you individual MLA may have had nothing to do with the program but they take emails like this to caucus meetings and compare what constituents are saying across ridings. Also the big optical problem for this kind of program is that it’s seen as a tax break for rich people so it’s important to stress how you’re just an average Joe who was able to buy a safer and more reliable car than you would have otherwise and that this rebate was really the determining factor in you being able to make the switch.

Ordered (m3 white/white LR) on March 12th, financing approved next business day. Given a 1-3 delivery estimate (LoL)

Got a call a week later for a delivery update to expect a late may to early June delivery. Then I see Tesla had a record delivery this past qtr 😂 Shucks!!