Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call inside sales at 1-888-518-3752 right at 10am when they open if you can. Otherwise there is a long wait to get someone. I usually get someone within a couple mins right at 10am.

Just lay it out for them and tell them how people who ordered just days ago are getting VINs and people who ordered weeks after you are getting delivery dates set. They really need to acknowledge that there is something wrong here.

Thank you!

**EDIT** Also, I can pretty much guarantee they will try to tell you this is a non-issue but will not give you any evidence to support that. They will likely say things like there's still time before delivery, there's a priority to how VINs are issued (which is exactly the point you're trying to make), etc. You have to push through all of them and try to refute with facts and have them actually listen to what you are saying. This is based from my experience of my last few conversations with them. YMMV.

So I called. Dude was going through my account and giving routine responses regarding timing bla bla bla, I asked him to check where my delivery location is because I didn't recall the option during configuration - he says, wait for it...CALGARY!!

I told him to change it, he said he can't, my DA will finalize the location once my VIN is assigned. I went back and forth telling him I won't get a VIN because nobody out there has gotten one! Finally added a note to the account but I'm pretty sure I'm still in the VIN black hole. FML.

So I called. Dude was going through my account and giving routine responses regarding timing bla bla bla, I asked him to check where my delivery location is because I didn't recall the option during configuration - he says, wait for it...CALGARY!!

I told him to change it, he said he can't, my DA will finalize the location once my VIN is assigned. I went back and forth telling him I won't get a VIN because nobody out there has gotten one! Finally added a note to the account but I'm pretty sure I'm still in the VIN black hole. FML.

Ugh, i'm sorry. I always read people praising Tesla for the excellent purchasing experience compared to traditional dealers but this is hands down my worst purchasing experience ever thus far. There is an extreme lack of communication and willingness to help resolve these simple issues.

Hmmm... interesting.

I'm going to ask where my car is being delivered. I'm guessing Hawaii at this point. But that would be incorrect cause even they have VINs.

I'll wait for @Flexbomb to reply and if he confirms the same then I'll take it as a sign to have them look into it. I have been assigned a DA from Yorkdale though, so would that mean I'm not experiencing that issue?

I basically regurgitated data and all I got was sympathy and that "the Production team is doing everything they can to get VINs out" and "we only started assigning VINs a week ago". Same canned response.

Essentially it's really not their fault, but it seems something fishy is going on or someone in production is litterally not caring about order and just scanning cars to random RNs.

My guess is you have a couple people in Production that are not really following any order and scanning by region. Or the person that made the "queue" did it wrong.

I'm going to call my DS and ask as well.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I basically regurgitated data and all I got was sympathy and that "the Production team is doing everything they can to get VINs out" and "we only started assigning VINs a week ago". Same canned response.

Essentially it's really not their fault, but it seems something fishy is going on or someone in production is litterally not caring about order and just scanning cars to random RNs.

My guess is you have a couple people in Production that are not really following any order and scanning by region. Or the person that made the "queue" did it wrong.

I'm going to call my DS and ask as well.

I asked about location and she said:

"Delivery Hubs are assigned after VINs are assigned, so I still have you in Toronto"

What a mess.

Meanwhile....
https://model3ownersclub.com/attachments/49e646fc-aaa5-435b-8b33-8c22209836e8-jpeg.8414/

**not mine^^

Reactions: vidya_sagar