Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any risk of the rebate not working if it’s not tied to a VIN? It says ‘gift for another VIN’ for me since I just have a RN.
The rebate requires paperwork, including your vehicle registration. There is nothing I recall about the charger receipt indicating the vehicle VIN for the charger -- only that you can only get credit for one charger per vehicle you register.

I think the ordering tie to a reservation number of a VIN is largely a Tesla thing for tracking cars to chargers (although I'm surprised they cannot do that through the data channels and uploads...).

Do you not see your RN in the drop down? (I see two entries: "M3 - RNxxxxxx" and "This is a gift for another VIN")

FWIW, I'm not sure it really matters so long as they send you the unit, and you get a receipt issued from the Canadian company.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Cars arrived to Toronto. Source - Model 3 Owners club Twitter
Attached the pic of my car :) hopefully

Attachments

• 5655EB09-2121-494D-BA36-2647E395437E.jpeg
    5655EB09-2121-494D-BA36-2647E395437E.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 53
I haven't called, will today. I was emailing a DA from Lawrence but getting canned responses more or less.
Call inside sales at 1-888-518-3752 right at 10am when they open if you can. Otherwise there is a long wait to get someone. I usually get someone within a couple mins right at 10am.

Just lay it out for them and tell them how people who ordered just days ago are getting VINs and people who ordered weeks after you are getting delivery dates set. They really need to acknowledge that there is something wrong here.

Thank you!

**EDIT** Also, I can pretty much guarantee they will try to tell you this is a non-issue but will not give you any evidence to support that. They will likely say things like there's still time before delivery, there's a priority to how VINs are issued (which is exactly the point you're trying to make), etc. You have to push through all of them and try to refute with facts and have them actually listen to what you are saying. This is based from my experience of my last few conversations with them. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muskol