Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I had a relatively easy day by comparison to the other stories being shared, and from talking to people in the showroom. 11:45 appointment, got the first-sighing plus contract work done by 12:30, and then waited until 2:30 for the car to be brought around. Had I not used the app to find my car, and started poking around in it, I might not have gotten seen that soon (someone came by, asked questions, did the quick tour and found me 'keys' so I can drive off... I could not drive off without the key card though, not until it's paired).

Early in my career I did a ran IT conferences. The logistics of this are so damn difficult. Plan for a long day, plan for tomorrow to be easier. Be nice to your people there. No one there is being incompetent, but they are rushed, overworked, under-staffed (with experienced people), and it's one of those things you can't teach until you're in it. I was amazed at how calm many were all things considered.

Easy for me to say, not having had a long wait, but once you get your car it's all so much better. The car is terrific. The drive is fantastic. It feels awkward at first, the sitting position and the emptiness, but after a little while you can't imagine anything different. I didn't have a super-close look at fit and finish, but everything looked great!

I have been here over 4 hours now and after prodding an employee, I was told that my license plates aren’t here yet. He said there is a team of people going back and forth to the MTO (wherever that is) to pick up batches of plates. They have no clue when/if the plates will arrive. Horrible horrible delivery experience but thanks to other posts to setting my expectation for the disaster.

I don’t know if today’s a bad day or only those that are having it bad is posting. Hopefully everything works out for everyone.

We all waited so long and the day has finally come. Do you guys want to all meet up next weekend? We can meet eachother and have a little Model 3 convoy haha

Hi Guys,

Had a relatively smooth experience although took longer than expected due to the plate delays mentioned earlier. My appointment was for 10 am and the plates finally reached by 11 am. Evidently customs delay led to them scrambling to get plates organized this morning. I suspect this is not an isolated issue to be prepared! Anyway, at least the guy confirmed that my car was there! By the time we finally drove off, it was around 12.45 pm - couple of paper work issues. For folks who are going to pick their cars up:
- After you sign the paperwork, they will take the registration and your insurance papers. Supposed to return them along with the keys after they bring the car around back. Please check and confirm! They kept my insurance paper by mistake so had to wait till they got it back.
- I also had them note down that I am due the model car (in-store booking) - evidently they are shipping it from California so probably will be a while till the service centre calls me but I suggest having them note it down at their end.

As others have mentioned, most of the staff are new but extremely helpful. Evidently, they have 3,500 cars being delivered out of International Centre in total so about 150-200 a day.
M3 is worth the wait though! What a beauty and such a pleasure to drive. Really comfy seats which I was a little apprehensive about. Guys, you will absolutely love it!

My appointment was 3pm but I arrived 2:20pm. Waited until 4:30pm then was told they haven’t gotten my plates yet. 4:59pm told me they found the plates but can’t find my registration. Asked if I could go to mto by myself and get a replacement but closes at 5pm lol so obviously not today. Anyway they let me take it and for the trouble of having to pay for registration and delays they gave me a free year of service. Anyway finally got it around 6:20pm drove to detailer for opticoat. Super fun ride worth the wait!!

Attachments

• A4DC605E-29D2-4E65-8F3A-BAA57C6670BC.jpeg
    A4DC605E-29D2-4E65-8F3A-BAA57C6670BC.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 51
My appointment was 3pm but I arrived 2:20pm. Waited until 4:30pm then was told they haven’t gotten my plates yet. 4:59pm told me they found the plates but can’t find my registration. Asked if I could go to mto by myself and get a replacement but closes at 5pm lol so obviously not today. Anyway they let me take it and for the trouble of having to pay for registration and delays they gave me a free year of service. Anyway finally got it around 6:20pm drove to detailer for opticoat. Super fun ride worth the wait!!
Where are you getting the opticoat from and the price quoted? I’m looking for one.