Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky Lucky Lucky, I have just got confirmed delivery date at June 1st noon at International centre. I should go to buy some lottery ticket today..;););)

Looks like every step, I may be later than some of you guys:

Reserved Jan, 2017
Receive Config Invite: April 24 2018
Ordered with deposit down: April 27 2018
Got VIN, May 5 2018
Delivery, June 1 2018..

JAN 2017 reservation. WOW

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Where did you get your delivery date confirmation from?

From Tesla US team who is starting to help CANADIAN customers.

Did they say where your car is now?.

No.

But the date shall not be tentative date as the date and time appeared at my Tesla account.

I think my car should be already off loaded from Customs. But just my guess. Who cares

Reactions: vidya_sagar
Spoke to Inside Sales, they said they dont have any information, just what my DS has put in my notes.

I just find it hard to believe that people who just got their VIN a couple days ago have Delivery Dates (some in late May), but some of us who have had our VINs for 2 weeks have nothing.

Others have configured a month or more after my configuration, already have their cars or are getting them this weekend.

Yet inside sales says that its normal...weird....

Spoke to Inside Sales, they said they dont have any information, just what my DS has put in my notes.

I just find it hard to believe that people who just got their VIN a couple days ago have Delivery Dates (some in late May), but some of us who have had our VINs for 2 weeks have nothing.

Others have configured a month or more after my configuration, already have their cars or are getting them this weekend.

Thinking the same thing. At least you have a DS. Inside sales hasnt helped me at all

I wonder if it's something like this: <speculation>

Tesla reserved International Centre for July deliveries and assigned a bunch of vins to those dates.. but they didn't update people's accounts with the details.

Now some cars are coming in quicker than expected, so they pushed to get the international centre ealier. They don't want to reallocate all the cars that have the June delivery dates, so they put a new block in before June. Now, newer VIN assigments get the new (earlier) May block at the International Centre.

</speculation>

Tesla reserved International Centre for July deliveries and assigned a bunch of vins to those dates.. but they didn't update people's accounts with the details.

Now some cars are coming in quicker than expected, so they pushed to get the international centre ealier. They don't want to reallocate all the cars that have the June delivery dates, so they put a new block in before June. Now, newer VIN assigments get the new (earlier) May block at the International Centre.

</speculation>
Apparently my car is already in Canada, though the DS hasn't confirmed the delivery date for me yet as it was almost 6pm yesterday.
It's also confirmed (via Las Vegas email) that my delivery would take place in Oakville, so depending on how soon I get the final paperwork, I may get the delivery quite soon. DS also mentioned that some of their work have been delegated to the sales advisers from Las Vegas to help with some of the final steps, which makes sense, considering how much work they have on their plate.

</speculation>

Understand the ‘speculation’ but I believe the YYZ International Centre date’s have always been May 28 to June 30. These are the dates Tesla put out DS job availability’s for.

I'd just go with this:

Tesla sucks at logistics and they don't have much of an urgency to push for better because we're all fanboys and willing to take the *sugar* they pile on us.

If it wasn't for the rebate possibly expiring, I don't think I would've configured and ordered the car. Don't think I can take it again when the Model Y comes out, although who knows, I'll probably go all in on it again!

I'd just go with this:

Tesla sucks at logistics and they don't have much of an urgency to push for better because we're all fanboys and willing to take the *sugar* they pile on us.

If it wasn't for the rebate possibly expiring, I don't think I would've configured and ordered the car. Don't think I can take it again when the Model Y comes out, although who knows, I'll probably go all in on it again!

You will 100%. Lemmings or not, I know a good product when I see it.

Reactions: papapodcasts
I'd just go with this:

While it is frustrating, most companies from your fast food take, out to most everything else getting ordered and delivered (except Amazon maybe), rarely follows a clean in and out delivery.
The reason Tesla appears worse, is because we are all sharing the details of their logistics live.
Not many other companies have a live forum sharing who gets their order first and last based on order date, but you can bet it’s not likely clean either.

I would cut them some slack.
New manufacturer, new product, new problems, new delivery logistic challenges.
Overall, they aren’t doing too bad considering.

A few years from now, this will all be easy for them.

We all knew what we were signing up for. It’s been posted here for ages.

While it is frustrating, most companies from your fast food take, out to most everything else getting ordered and delivered (except Amazon maybe), rarely follows a clean in and out delivery.
The reason Tesla appears worse, is because we are all sharing the details of their logistics live.
Not many other companies have a live forum sharing who gets their order first and last based on order date, but you can bet it’s not likely clean either.

New manufacturer, new product, new problems, new delivery logistic challenges.
Overall, they aren’t doing too bad considering.

A few years from now, this will all be easy for them.

We all knew what we were signing up for. It’s been posted here for ages.

I completely agree. Having Election deadline they are doing deliveries to Ontario first. Also shifted deliveries from US to Canada for a moreover same reason. How many OEM's will do this?. I work in Chrysler and they don't even care to promote Hybrid Pacifica because they make less out of the car (They clearly admitted this in all meetings). They don't even spend a penny in an advertisement for Hybrid. Fiat 500 E, they only sell in two states in US because just to enable them to sell ICE cars there, how selfish they are.

Having so much pressure, Tesla is doing fantastic, I should say marvellous job. and I never regret putting my hopes on this company.

I completely agree. Having Election deadline they are doing deliveries to Ontario first. Also shifted deliveries from US to Canada for a moreover same reason. How many OEM's will do this?. I work in Chrysler and they don't even care to promote Hybrid Pacifica because they make less out of the car (They clearly admitted this in all meetings). They don't even spend a penny in an advertisement for Hybrid. Fiat 500 E, they only sell in two states in US because just to enable them to sell ICE cars there, how selfish they are.

Having so much pressure, Tesla is doing fantastic, I should say marvellous job. and I never regret putting my hopes on this company.
That Sergio Marchionne is a piece of work

Just got off the phone with my DS as well.
May 30th, 1:15pm at Toronto International Centre......She said that is a firm date and time.

Oh man, Sh** just got real.

Did you call them first or did they just call you out of the blue? I received the standard 'Your Model 3 now has a VIN' email with a reminder about the steps required yesterday. I've completed my financing and now am wondering when to expect further word.

Anyone in Montreal managed to get some info about delivery. Should I call Tesla directly (and not the Montreal Store) to try to get some information. Right now I dont have a DS and no date in sight. I ordered on March 28th. I don't mind waiting, I just would like to know when to expect thing so I can finalise the sale of my current car.

Did you call them first or did they just call you out of the blue? I received the standard 'Your Model 3 now has a VIN' email with a reminder about the steps required yesterday. I've completed my financing and now am wondering when to expect further word.
I got the standard email a few days ago, we've been back and forth by email a half dozen times.

She then called me yesterday because there was a small issue regarding my trade-in request, they couldn't activate it on my account for some reason, so she had to manually upload the info and pictures. During that call she said it looked like I could get delivery between May 30th and June 1st.

I called her today to get the leinholder info and a firm date for delivery so I could finalize my insurance info. I had to push a bit to get a firm date and time since my trade-in stuff isn't finalized yet, but it wasn't that hard.

Her name is Victoria and works in Fremont and she has been fantastic!

Reactions: Osteolog