Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression we could write a personal check for the amount due at delivery. Is this not the case?
Here's what I was instructed to provide:

"Please bring these items with you:

1) Bank draft/Certified Chq for the remaining balance. Please make the check out to Tesla Motors Canada ULC.

2) Void Personal Cheque, showing your name displayed at the top for the finance payments withdrawal account.

3) Proof of Model 3 Insurance. Your VIN is XXX. Please make the effective date your delivery date of June XXX. Please send me a copy of this as well.

4) Driver’s license."

I imagine #2 is only if financing is involved, naturally.

Reactions: noicepls and 03DSG
Hm, well that’s too bad — would have been one less thing to worry about. I was going off the website info:

“Acceptable methods of payment for the final amount due include electronic check (direct debit), personal check, certified check, and wire transfer”

Might email my ISA just to double check, as it’d be nice to not have to rush around for a bank draft/certified cheque in the day or two before delivery.

Hm, well that’s too bad — would have been one less thing to worry about. I was going off the website info:

“Acceptable methods of payment for the final amount due include electronic check (direct debit), personal check, certified check, and wire transfer”

Might email my ISA just to double check, as it’d be nice to not have to rush around for a bank draft/certified cheque in the day or two before delivery.
I'm pretty sure those pertain to the USA.

My friend picks up on the 30’th. His documents were emailed to him. Worst case i guess is sign them at delivery.
Yeah not worried about anything needing signing. I need to know the exact amount for the Bank Draft.

ISA and DS both told me that Personal Check is not an option. Certified Check, Bank Draft or Wire Transfer.

I'm also waiting for my documents with delivery on Thursday. Though I'm not to worried I gave a fixed downpayment amount which I believe doesn't change. Though I'm curious don't most banks give you a bank draft within the hour? Unless you're with Tangerine.

I'm also waiting for my documents with delivery on Thursday. Though I'm not to worried I gave a fixed downpayment amount which I believe doesn't change. Though I'm curious don't most banks give you a bank draft within the hour? Unless you're with Tangerine.
Yes, you can get a draft within a few minutes. The longest part is probably waiting in line at the bank. The issue is people need to schedule this in before their delivery. The expectation that people should just drop everything to accommodate Tesla's late notifications is the issue.

Yes, you can get a draft within a few minutes. The longest part is probably waiting in line at the bank. The issue is people need to schedule this in before their delivery. The expectation that people should just drop everything to accommodate Tesla's late notifications is the issue.
This whole process makes a lot more sense if you treat it like having a baby. You can't predict when it will happen, and when you near the delivery date you will drop everything at a moments notice once it begins! :rolleyes:

This whole process makes a lot more sense if you treat it like having a baby. You can't predict when it will happen, and when you near the delivery date you will drop everything at a moments notice once it begins! :rolleyes:
Issue is that some of us are travelling the day of the delivery for 6+ hours (train), and won't be able to go to the bank last minute.

So we need that total asap.