Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received my call yesterday...I'm picking up the car on Wed...time to scramble for a charger and insurance. Can we purchase the HPWC at the Service Centre?

The Tesla website indicates online or Service Centre but I've never seen one at the showroom.

You get an EVSE with the car, so shouldnt need to rush and get a HPWC right away....dunno if you can get one at the SC but my guess is probably not in Canada.

Finally received my call yesterday...I'm picking up the car on Wed...time to scramble for a charger and insurance. Can we purchase the HPWC at the Service Centre?

The Tesla website indicates online or Service Centre but I've never seen one at the showroom.

Easy to call the service centres when they open in a few minutes to see if they carry HPWC. FWIW, I was told Lawrence usually carries them. The bigger question you may need to tackle is installation. If you’re fortunate to have wiring already, then it’s not a big deal.

Easy to call the service centres when they open in a few minutes to see if they carry HPWC. FWIW, I was told Lawrence usually carries them. The bigger question you may need to tackle is installation. If you’re fortunate to have wiring already, then it’s not a big deal.
I already ordered and installed mine, it took a week to be delivered in Montreal area. That was 2 months ago.

I just don't get why I have no update. Reservation made 2 years ago. Configured June 11. No changes to my order since then. Black, 18" wheels, LR, RWD etc. I still don't have a VIN and am still sitting on a Aug-Oct delivery date. Repeated calls to Tesla have gone nowhere - they just keep telling me that I need to wait yet people that have registered and ordered after me are getting their cars.

Reactions: spurs10
I just don't get why I have no update. Reservation made 2 years ago. Configured June 11. No changes to my order since then. Black, 18" wheels, LR, RWD etc. I still don't have a VIN and am still sitting on a Aug-Oct delivery date. Repeated calls to Tesla have gone nowhere - they just keep telling me that I need to wait yet people that have registered and ordered after me are getting their cars.

SAME BOATH HERE

I'm getting a sense that Tesla is delaying the pickup of the Model 3s for a lot of customers as Tesla might have had a secret agreement after the court ruling between themselves and Ontario PC party.
All of a sudden the confirmed dates were moved citing themselves to be very busy, but something doesn't add up
Whoever is going to pick up their Model 3 before Sep 10 are lucky and whose confirmed dates have been moved beyond Sep 10 are basically unlucky caught between Ontario PC party and Tesla agreement (probably. Not confirmed but my lucky guess)

I'm getting a sense that Tesla is delaying the pickup of the Model 3s for a lot of customers as Tesla might have had a secret agreement after the court ruling between themselves and Ontario PC party.
All of a sudden the confirmed dates were moved citing themselves to be very busy, but something doesn't add up
Whoever is going to pick up their Model 3 before Sep 10 are lucky and whose confirmed dates have been moved beyond Sep 10 are basically unlucky caught between Ontario PC party and Tesla agreement (probably. Not confirmed but my lucky guess)

Don't spread FUD. Tesla has had no communication with the Government. Read the lawsuit. Ridiculous to suggest any secret agreement.

My delivery is scheduled for Sat Sep 8, and the VIN shows up on my account page. For those who took delivery recently how long before your scheduled delivery date, did your next step of "review your details and submit your payment" open up? I am guessing they are going to run the loan process again as Sep may have new rates and I was approved in August before VIN assignment.

Picking up my M3 today, very excited. Haven't slept at all
Big battle with ON Govt will follow after delivery for the rebate

Why would you need to battle? As long as you ordered before July 11, and took delivery, plated and insured before Sept 10th you qualify. Just submit the application and wait....I'm guessing it will be 6-10 months for it to show up.

2 years ago a co worker waited 6 months for his rebate on a volt (dealer didn't do the paperwork for some reason)....with the program winding down and the rush to get orders in from all mfgs, they will be backlogged big time....but you will eventually get your rebate if you meet the requirements.

Why would you need to battle? As long as you ordered before July 11, and took delivery, plated and insured before Sept 10th you qualify. Just submit the application and wait....I'm guessing it will be 6-10 months for it to show up.

2 years ago a co worker waited 6 months for his rebate on a volt (dealer didn't do the paperwork for some reason)....with the program winding down and the rush to get orders in from all mfgs, they will be backlogged big time....but you will eventually get your rebate if you meet the requirements.
I had ordered before July 11 but cancelled the reservation as EV incentives were cancelled by ON govt, but subsequently renewed the reservation (but with a new reservation No. ) after July 11. So, I have to explain that the reason I cancelled was due to them not being clear and my financials at that time.
So the battle with Govt will begin from next week, at least let me enjoy the vehicle in the meantime with peace of mind (LOL)

I had ordered before July 11 but cancelled the reservation as EV incentives were cancelled by ON govt, but subsequently renewed the reservation (but with a new reservation No. ) after July 11. So, I have to explain that the reason I cancelled was due to them not being clear and my financials at that time.
So the battle with Govt will begin from next week, at least let me enjoy the vehicle in the meantime with peace of mind (LOL)

Best of luck on this battle. The current wording of the rebate is pretty cut and dry - Orders before July 11, plated and delivered Sept 10th. I hope you're ready to fight like KEvans did the entire summer for fair treatment by the PCON's unfair announcement with the wind down and how it affected your consumer decision.

Ideally Tesla would have some understanding of this given they allegedly remain in communication. However they aren't in the habit of making public announcements. If you had saved your original order as a file or document, that might help your case.

Unfortunately, the court ruling didn't touch on this and really it should have.

Oh, that's a bit of a sticky situation. Maybe someone from Tesla can just input the order date on your new reservation as the old date to help you out....that's a bit of a moral grey area I guess, but in that situation I would hope that there is a way to help you out on this issue.

Failing that, there is always photoshop you can use to edit the order agreement text before you send it :)

Hey Guys & Gals - I have delivery at Lawrence on Friday. I originally didn't get EAP but I would like to add it now to take advantage of the discount.. The DA said it would delay my delivery which I am not willing to move. Also worried about the addition changing my order date for the rebate. Anyone else had this issue? Could they not just add it later and invoice me at the dealership? Thoughts?

Hey Guys & Gals - I have delivery at Lawrence on Friday. I originally didn't get EAP but I would like to add it now to take advantage of the discount.. The DA said it would delay my delivery which I am not willing to move. Also worried about the addition changing my order date for the rebate. Anyone else had this issue? Could they not just add it later and invoice me at the dealership? Thoughts?

I’d be super careful about doing anything that could potentially jeopardize the $14k rebate. I was told that any changes would delay delivery at this point. Just my thoughts.