Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to my last post:

I just got a call from my SA at Tesla Lawrence, she wanted to check in with me and I mentioned the sext Message stating an update of 3-5 weeks last week, asking if it was accurate. She said that yes, they just learned they were going to be getting a batch of cars earlier than they were expecting and that if I got that text, I was intended to be in that batch. So I should be seeing my VIN soon and can expect to likely take delivery before the end of the month.
Check the source code your vin should be there already.

Montreal
Model 3 Performance
MSM with white interior
Ordered Jan 13th 2020
Website showed 8-10 weeks
Got text on Jan 23rd 2020 saying 6-10 weeks.

No VIN yet.

I'm Jan 10th, and black interior, but otherwise the same. Although no text received yet :(

SA touched base early this week and said they were working on getting me my car sooner than later. lol Vague, but whatever. If it takes a few extra weeks that means I can forego snow tires for another season ;)

I'm Jan 10th, and black interior, but otherwise the same. Although no text received yet :(

SA touched base early this week and said they were working on getting me my car sooner than later. lol Vague, but whatever. If it takes a few extra weeks that means I can forego snow tires for another season ;)

Wow, congrats on your order !
I wouldn't worry about the text - it might just be an account configuration thing...
It would be nice not to have to get winter tires/wheels right away, but I'm really keeping my finger crossed to take possession before the April 1st when the incentive is going to drop down :/
When you say same, you also mean on the website estimates ? We're probably going to end up in the same batch - who knows, our cars might ride on the same delivery semi !

Config: LR AWD, white on white, 18'
Order date: Dec 14th, 2019
VIN hidden: Jan 27th
Received in transit text: Jan 28th, 2020
VIN account page: Feb 5th (car arrived the lot??)
Delivery: Feb 11th, 2020 (tentative, 8 weeks:rolleyes:)
SA: Lawrence/ Sherry & Rachael

So approximately 6 weeks before your VIN appeared (hidden), and possibly 8 weeks for delivery. Not bad!
My question is : Do you remember what was the site estimate (x-y weeks) for delivery time when your originally ordered on Dec 14th ?
And... congrats on your car ! the next week is probably going to seem like forever to you.

So approximately 6 weeks before your VIN appeared (hidden), and possibly 8 weeks for delivery. Not bad!
My question is : Do you remember what was the site estimate (x-y weeks) for delivery time when your originally ordered on Dec 14th ?
And... congrats on your car ! the next week is probably going to seem like forever to you.
It was for 4-8 weeks, I was actually surprised about the ETA since everyone said most 1Q cars are going to Europe ...

That’s hopeful, we ordered 12/8 from Anusha from the Lawrence location. Hopefully they are getting a shipment soon!