Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People in Ontario waiting for the SR are likely to be paying around the same final amount given odds are the rebate will be gone by next year.
Actually then I think there will be a lot of people who will not be buying Model 3’s in Ontario who would have done so with the rebate. I am sure most people had done the math, including with the rebate, in figuring how much it would cost them. An extra $14,000.00 will be just too much for many to swallow. Especially if you are waiting for the SR because that is what you figure you can afford. Psychologically, the change in the expected cost by such a huge amount will just be too difficult to take. It terms of those potential sales, it would have been far better if the rebate had never existed.

Reactions: sitter_k
Actually then I think there will be a lot of people who will not be buying Model 3’s in Ontario who would have done so with the rebate.
I’m getting close to this point, I think. Although losing the rebate wouldn’t make the car technically unaffordable for me, it might push it out of my comfort zone - particularly given that I’m a low-kilometre driver.

Add to the loss of the rebate the decline of the dollar. Our cars have gone up by $3k in the past few weeks. Hopefully it will recover in time, but no guarantees.

I’m getting close to this point, I think. Although losing the rebate wouldn’t make the car technically unaffordable for me, it might push it out of my comfort zone - particularly given that I’m a low-kilometre driver.

Add to the loss of the rebate the decline of the dollar. Our cars have gone up by $3k in the past few weeks. Hopefully it will recover in time, but no guarantees.
It might be already time to devalue the dollar again, I can't see interest rates going much higher with all this economic uncertainty.

My best guess is that the rebate is safe for all model 3s delivered in 2018. I'll be interesting to see what happens with the election, Canadian dollar and model 3 roll out in Canada.

It might be already time to devalue the dollar again, I can't see interest rates going much higher with all this economic uncertainty.

My best guess is that the rebate is safe for all model 3s delivered in 2018. I'll be interesting to see what happens with the election, Canadian dollar and model 3 roll out in Canada.

There are only three possibilities after election. PC majority, the rebate will be canceled as soon as transportation guy appointment. PC minority huh? Who knows.
Liberals remain in the office, I don’t think they will touch the rebate at least until 2019.

Actually then I think there will be a lot of people who will not be buying Model 3’s in Ontario who would have done so with the rebate. I am sure most people had done the math, including with the rebate, in figuring how much it would cost them. An extra $14,000.00 will be just too much for many to swallow. Especially if you are waiting for the SR because that is what you figure you can afford. Psychologically, the change in the expected cost by such a huge amount will just be too difficult to take. It terms of those potential sales, it would have been far better if the rebate had never existed.

I love Model 3 too much, I will go with LR or AWD, if rebates totally disappear. Plus try my best sell my car privately. Finger crossed.

We doesn't know which configurations will be available at this time. If we're lucky AWD (SR and LR) will be launched at the same time.
Just LR!
We doesn't know which configurations will be available at this time. If we're lucky AWD (SR and LR) will be launched at the same time.
For selfish reasons I hope they only have long range, hell as long as I'm wishing I hope they only do AWD with LR at first, then RWD LR.