Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Sorry, I mean "So warm steeling wheel won't be my stop maker to wait for the gorgeous model 3."

I hear ya. For us it is starting to be a series of little things that would be a show stopper. These are not necessarily failings of the Model 3 but rather things that are just not in the makeup of the car. Here are a few.

: No all round view camera
    : No heated rear seats
    : No heat pump
    : No heated steering wheel
    : No hatch back
    : Probably 15 grand more for the Tesla.

I still lean towards the Tesla and the Supercharger network. Angela is leaning towards the long range Leaf. As we will be a one car family within 5 or 6 years there can’t be one of each.we have 2 or 3 years to decide.

• I hear ya. For us it is starting to be a series of little things that would be a show stopper. These are not necessarily failings of the Model 3 but rather things that are just not in the makeup of the car. Here are a few.

: No all round view camera
    : No heated rear seats
    : No heat pump
    : No heated steering wheel
    : No hatch back
    : Probably 15 grand more for the Tesla.

I still lean towards the Tesla and the Supercharger network. Angela is leaning towards the long range Leaf. As we will be a one car family within 5 or 6 years there can’t be one of each.we have 2 or 3 years to decide.

Are you a Nissan Leaf owner as well? All of those you mentioned "NO", Nissan Leaf has them all. The new Nissan Leaf looks good as well.

The Tesla Supercharger network is very well positioned and changing price is reasonable. Last year, Ontario government put million of dollar subsides the installation of public chargers. But I really don't understand why Ontario government do not limit their per charge cost, for me those Level 3 chargers are like a rob, they charge 10$ to 20$ per hour. (are we kidding)

Are you a Nissan Leaf owner as well? All of those you mentioned "NO", Nissan Leaf has them all. The new Nissan Leaf looks good as well.

The Tesla Supercharger network is very well positioned and changing price is reasonable. Last year, Ontario government put million of dollar subsides the installation of public chargers. But I really don't understand why Ontario government do not limit their per charge cost, for me those Level 3 chargers are like a rob, they charge 10$ to 20$ per hour. (are we kidding)

Yah. We own a first generation 30 KWh Leaf The list of no’s is what the Tesla DOESN’T have but that we want. Missing one or two things wouldn’t be a show stopper but add em all up and... We are kinda used to some of those things. It would be hard to give them all up.

Yah. We own a first generation 30 KWh Leaf The list of no’s is what the Tesla DOESN’T have but that we want. Missing one or two things wouldn’t be a show stopper but add em all up and... We are kinda used to some of those things. It would be hard to give them all up.

Then you need this..:) DSC00810.JPGDSC00811.JPGDSC00815.JPGDSC00808.JPG

Yah, thats pretty much what Angela wants but in the long range version. I'm hoping that by 2020/2021 the model 3 will have a few or all of the missing things I would like to see and swing her back to the Tesla. I'm easy either way.

But I will stick with Tesla, if the public quick L3 charge price not change. Even with long range battery, I need a quick charge on the way to go long distance. But 60Kw charger 20$ per hour is same price as gas.

But I will stick with Tesla, if the public quick L3 charge price not change. Even with long range battery, I need a quick charge on the way to go long distance. But 60Kw charger 20$ per hour is same price as gas.

and that is the single biggest draw for us to Tesla at this point. The reality is it wouldn't affect us that much as we do 90 percent of out charging at home. So from the money point of view not worth it, BUT the Supercharger network is already years ahead of the Chademo network and that means something to us. We'll see how it goes in the next couple years for Chademo DCFC. I glad we have alittle time.

Hey, is that leaf yours?

and that is the single biggest draw for us to Tesla at this point. The reality is it wouldn't affect us that much as we do 90 percent of out charging at home. So from the money point of view not worth it, BUT the Supercharger network is already years ahead of the Chademo network and that means something to us. We'll see how it goes in the next couple years for Chademo DCFC. I glad we have alittle time.

Hey, is that leaf yours?

No, the picture taken at autoshow Toronto past Saturday. But I do own a 2015leaf SL which has all features you mentioned above.

I reserved a Model 3 , when my turn, I will trade in my Leaf. But I think I will miss it.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
I'm a late reserver (2018-01-16), but my forecast for dual-motor is "late 2018" - I'd be overjoyed if I got before the New Year! More realistically, I'd be happy to get it by Spring 2019 at the rate Fremont's ramping up.

Aiming for:
  • AWD (winterized Gatineau Hills cottage requires AWD to reach in winter = first-world problem)
  • SR (120 km to the cottage and back, which is my longest regular drive)
  • EAP (too amazing to resist)
  • Blue paint
  • 18" wheels (w/ aeros OFF unless I'm desperate for efficiency! ;)
That's CA$73,860 all-in by my estimate, or CA$59,860 minus the $14 K Ontario credit (hope that lasts past our upcoming election!)

delivery estimate (blanked).png

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
It's been mentioned before, the $14k doesn't come off the price of the vehicle. It's a rebate check that you'll get 6 months later if your lucky. So you'll still be making monthly payments on $73k not $59k

If the rebate still exists while you get your model 3 registered, I will suggest financing 14K through other sources for example line of credit from home loan, and pay off once getting it. It matters of time only.

No, the picture taken at autoshow Toronto past Saturday. But I do own a 2015leaf SL which has all features you mentioned above.

I reserved a Model 3 , when my turn, I will trade in my Leaf. But I think I will miss it.

Please feel free to drop me a line when you get your Model. We don’t have to make a decision for a couple years. A lot can change by then.

Thanks.

John.

Attachments

• wflnu2r5i8j01.jpg
    wflnu2r5i8j01.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 41
Looks like the Model 3 is going on display at Yorkdale tomorrow according an email that's going out.

Source: Model 3 demo on display in Toronto, Canada tomorrow. • r/teslamotors

I heard a rumour that first invitations to configure for Canadians will be this month, but I'll remain skeptical until invites are out.

My goddess, I was there on Tuesday, and talked to two reps and both said no idea when Model 3 will display here.

BTW, Model 3 config invite won't come out until Tesla 1st need to be allowed to sell this car in Canada.

I just got this email from Tesla:

Starting March 2, Model 3 will be on display at Tesla Vancouver - West 4th Avenue.

As you prepare for ownership, you can sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display. Tesla product experts will be available in store to answer any questions you have on your upcoming order. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn more about the latest Tesla updates, including our Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive system, now standard for Model S and Model X.