Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Apologies for the side-bar canopy conversation)

Yes, the portable canopies don't look as nice, and this would be for a driveway in front of the house, not along the side. I would like something like this, but my husband just started laughing when I suggested it, so I'm assuming it may not meet his idea of "cost-effective" :rolleyes:

View attachment 235065
Car Shelters | Costco

Reactions: Kira
Thanks @S'toon ! Yes, Home Depot has some as well. I would need to find one where the posts are just on the one side as we have to tuck another vehicle alongside. Maybe sort of like this (go easy folks, I'm a nurse - not a contractor!):

driveway.jpg

Will see if I can convince my dad to build something, thankfully there's plenty of time to work on that ;)

Last edited:
Thanks @S'toon ! Yes, Home Depot has some as well. I would need to find one where the posts are just on the one side as we have to tuck another vehicle alongside. Maybe sort of like this (go easy folks, I'm a nurse - not a contractor!):

View attachment 235221

Will see if I can convince my dad to build something, thankfully there's plenty of time to work on that ;)
So the green stuff flying out the back is what?;)

• Funny
I also have 2 reservations from the 31st morning but unsure whether the family would need an M3. We have one model S90D and a hybrid SUV (2 kids). An M3 would mean we would give up the SUV altogether for 2 cars and may not be enough space wise. Thought of MX but not a fan of the shape.

Also will see if the Ontario rebate still exists at its current form by the time we start receiving M3's.
A CPO and depreciated P90D/P100D may also be in the cards next year ....Depending on pricing for a fully loaded 3 estimated coming in around 85-95k. (Battery upgrade, AWD, P, loaded up).

I reserved pre-reveal online Mar 31,16. We went down to one car 2 years ago . Mistake. The 3 is for me. My wife will have the loaded '14 Ford Escape Titanium AWD. May get RWD if the incentive looks at risk. Otherwise AWD and large battery. Booked a service/panel upgrade to 200 amps and a 6/3 wire run to the garage with a Nema 14-50 for early September. Once I get the car will upgrade to a 60 amp breaker and Tesla's HPWC.

Well, it was meant to be the tree... but perhaps it could also be a metaphor for all the money/CO2 flying out of the exhaust of that ICE vehicle?

;)
I had this kind of situation. After a week with my S, I went to add a protective film (3m), but the paint was dirty, they had to buff it with a compound in order to get everything clean. Since the protective film is on, there is no more paint damage from the tree and it stays clean a lot longer. That could be an option. (but it costs like 3-4 000$ for the whole car)

• Helpful
Reserved online about an hour before the reveal. I'm hoping late Q1 or Q2 2018. This will be my first car purchase at 34 years old, hoping my old Accord will last until delivery without having to sink too much more money into it. I'm in Nova Scotia, so my main concern is proximity of service centre, and superchargers in the Maritimes (the L3 chargers opening in NB now are comforting, somewhat). I would like AWD, larger battery, the 19" wheels (I'd be fine with 18" but the ones we've seen aren't appealing to me at all), autopilot, and a winter package if they offer one - but it will all depend on the cost of the options. Colour choice will be tough!

We reserved 2 within a minute of the web opening up. The first one will be purchased by my son who's been following Tesla since before Who Killed the Electric Car and finally browbeat me into paying attention around IPO time. We're not sure we'll follow through with the 2nd because our 3.5-year-old Model S is such a good car. If TSLA stock does exceptionally well, that would help!! My two biggest reasons for switching would be dual motor and Autopilot, and I'd get the biggest battery since the Model S has brought back road trips for us. The biggest reason not to is, not sure the 3 would be big enough for extended road trips (i.e., storage).

Also will see if the Ontario rebate still exists at its current form by the time we start receiving M3's.

Yes, that rebate in Ontario is fantastic - particularly for folks who might be stretching out of their typical price range in order to transition to an EV. Although it's a significantly smaller rebate, I am hoping that the CEV program in BC gets renewed again, as it's supposedly ending March 31, 2018 or when funds are exhausted. Not sure if anything has changed since this was put together, but looks promising that there'll be support for it to be renewed.

http://cleanenergycanada.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BC-Parties-on-EVs-FINAL.pdf

I reserved one right after the reveal, and a second May 26th 2016. I figured that the line was getting long, and it might be good to have one in reserve. Too hard to tell what the best strategy is. Perhaps buy the 'default' to get it the fastest, and then upgrade to dual motor later, if they are not available at first. Or perhaps lease and upgrade from it, and buy the second as a base model. Will have to see, but likely will have quite a lot of time to contemplate options.

Reserved online about an hour before the reveal. I'm hoping late Q1 or Q2 2018. This will be my first car purchase at 34 years old, hoping my old Accord will last until delivery without having to sink too much more money into it. I'm in Nova Scotia, so my main concern is proximity of service centre, and superchargers in the Maritimes (the L3 chargers opening in NB now are comforting, somewhat). I would like AWD, larger battery, the 19" wheels (I'd be fine with 18" but the ones we've seen aren't appealing to me at all), autopilot, and a winter package if they offer one - but it will all depend on the cost of the options. Colour choice will be tough!
I'll have to look into the Ranger course sooner than later then. ;) it is a bit of journey to Quebec for service. I'm hoping the influx of Teslas to NB will bring a service center to Moncton or Truro soon. It's a bit much to hope for one in Halifax though. :)

I happened to be in for service of my S the day of the lineups. I was going to reserve the next day on line as current owners get moved to the front of the line. At the service counter we got talking about the lineups and ownership and then I just walked over and put my deposit down. Not sure if this moves me in front of the other owners as I registered 12 hours before the online opening (for current owners).

I'll have to look into the Ranger course sooner than later then. ;) it is a bit of journey to Quebec for service. I'm hoping the influx of Teslas to NB will bring a service center to Moncton or Truro soon. It's a bit much to hope for one in Halifax though. :)

Yes, become a ranger! Agreed, I don't expect a service centre in Halifax any time soon, but Fredericton or Moncton would be fine...

Do you have a reservation? What's your plan if there's no service centre or ranger service?

Looks like there will be quite a few Model 3's in Victoria from everyone's replies! I didn't reserve one as I don't like the lack of a hatchback like the S and X but still looking forward to seeing one in the flesh here on the Island. Maybe it would be good second car for my wife to drive as she may find the S or X to be too big (currently we drive a Toyota Matrix XRS).

We really though need a Tesla Sales and Service Centre here on the Island - having to go to Vancouver by ferry is always a hassle (cost and time-wise). At least we will soon have a SuperCharger in Nanaimo for up island trips.

We really though need a Tesla Sales and Service Centre here on the Island - having to go to Vancouver by ferry is always a hassle (cost and time-wise).

I'm not sure if this is (still) the case, but according to this article "Every couple of weeks, a Tesla “ranger” arrives on the Island to do any minor repairs needed for owners." Perhaps one of the existing owners in town can speak to this?

Awhile back I had stumbled over a business real estate news page that indicated Tesla had bid on a property in Victoria but was outbid. Not sure if it was verified or just a rumour and now I can't find the link anymore, but will try looking again tonight.

I'm not sure if this is (still) the case, but according to this article "Every couple of weeks, a Tesla “ranger” arrives on the Island to do any minor repairs needed for owners." Perhaps one of the existing owners in town can speak to this?

Awhile back I had stumbled over a business real estate news page that indicated Tesla had bid on a property in Victoria but was outbid. Not sure if it was verified or just a rumour and now I can't find the link anymore, but will try looking again tonight.
Not sure about ongoing timing re a ranger... the only time I had a minor problem I wanted fixed soonish a couple of years ago (driver handle popped out, stayed out, and wouldn't open the door), a ranger had apparently been in Victoria the previous week and wasn't due back for some time. (However the service advisor suggested I try pulling the appropriate fuse, waiting a minute, and putting it back in -- voila, problem solved.)

We are in Vancouver three or four times a year anyway, and just schedule our annual when we're over there already for other things. They've been very good at getting us a loaner so that our business in Vancouver isn't impacted at all. So I don't see it as much of a hassle. Also, (TOUCH WOOD!) haven't needed them (UNIVERSE, YOU WERE NOT LISTENING JUST THEN!).

Re the news: there was an article in the T-C about Tesla being outbid that my wife read to me. I called the then store manager Robin and asked about it, she said nope, wasn't them and there currently were no plans. That was a year ago (my time estimation backwards may be as good as Elon's time estimation forwards...) so who knows what's up now.