Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Configurator 6 Months Ahead of Schedule?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Im from Ontario and my model 3 reservation number was around ~181K

I can get my delivery as early as 4-8 weeks from now

I was under the impression only around 20K Model 3s have been built

Does this seem early to anyone? I wasn't expecting to be placing the order till Nov-Jan

Things that could cause this:
- cancellations
- opted to wait for Dual Motor/Base Config
- aren't in an optimal region

Anyone else run into this?

Should I be worried as an investor in any way?

Another possibility might also be that, while hitting 200k in Q3 would be nice, they've mostly tapped out everyone who wants the current configuration (RWD LR w/PUP) right now (i.e., there may be others but waiting on various things like test drives, end of existing lease, etc) in the US.

So if you've tapped out the current configuration's demand in the US, Canada is the next easiest market to sell to (basically no changes to the car required, and it's pretty close by).

Another possibility might also be that, while hitting 200k in Q3 would be nice, they've mostly tapped out everyone who wants the current configuration (RWD LR w/PUP) right now (i.e., there may be others but waiting on various things like test drives, end of existing lease, etc) in the US.

So if you've tapped out the current configuration's demand in the US, Canada is the next easiest market to sell to (basically no changes to the car required, and it's pretty close by).

No, there is still a queue of day one reservations in the US. May-July queue is barely started.

Tesla is likely dumping Model 3's to Canada so that they can deliver the 200,000th to the U.S. sometime after Q3 starts. Nothing to worry about, be happy!
-Jim

There is that, plus Ontario has a large rebate that could disappear or shrink after June elections.

Because the 3 is only the Long Range RWD version, the take rate in Canada is likely to be relatively low so they'll need to invite everybody there in order to maximum sales.

Hi,

Does this seem early to anyone? I wasn't expecting to be placing the order till Nov-Jan

- cancellations

I spoke to someone at Tesla on the phone 2 weeks ago and asked them about this (I have 2 reservations in BC and was curious how to transfer one of them to a family member). He told me that they want to get as many Teslas into Ontario residents before the rebate may expire/be scrapped. The other likely reason is that many/most Canadians would want to wait for the dual motor version for better winter driving (this is the case for me).

Hi,

- cancellations

I configured March 28 and no VIN yet. Anyone else care to chime in on their delivery progress?

I configured March 28 and no VIN yet. Anyone else care to chime in on their delivery progress?
Which March? If you mean a month ago you're way down the list. But in any case, speaking as Moderator, this is off topic. The posts above were talking about the implications of deliveries. This is not the forum for discussing individual delivery information. --ggr.