Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 confirmed to be 0-60 in 4.8 secs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, it's a tie with the Tesla Semi.
Can you imagine what it must feel like if you sit in a standard ice premium car and you can`t keep up with the semi besides you?
The numbers claimed for the roadster and the semi are downright ridiculous. Almost too good to be true.

If the Model 3 doesn`t turn out to be a neverending production or quality disaster we`re looking at a very interesting EV future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Wasn't sure if this has been discussed yet but looks like motor trend has the new speed for the model 3. Thoughts?
I certainly believe the 4.8 figure, it chimes with Tesla downplaying Model 3 performance generally. I plan to buy the dual motor but non-performance version when RHD opens up [in 2019]? I believe Model S dual motor adds about $5000? So add $4-5k for Model 3? Any guesses on 0-60, for that model, 4.5? Fast enough for me anyway. All that's missing now is SOME ACTUAL CARS! Sorry.

Worth pointing out that this MT test car had the optional Conti tires, which probably have more grip than the Michelins. Also the test surface could have a higher coefficient of friction compared to Tesla's test surface. Other variables could be battery temperature, air temperature, driver technique, and random variation among individual cars.

• Helpful
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Tesla has a history of picking and choosing when to use the rollout to fit their marketing needs. I agree that the way the the design studio reads certainly implies that they discount the rollout. We just don't know if Tesla's 5.1 seconds for the model 3 includes it or not. Based on MT results, I suspect not. MT results tells me that the model 3 can do 4.8 seconds as compared to any other vehicle with rollout discounted. Im okay with this, it's just a matter of keeping comparisons to apples to apples IMO.

Reactions: S3XY