Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Creaking Coming from the Front at Low Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar sound. Mine is most noticeable at low speeds, especially when turning. It seems to be getting louder over time, and now happens all the time, on all types of roads.

I took it into Tesla service but it was raining that day and they couldn't hear a thing, and were rather antagonistic in general with resolving any of my noise issues. Ended up disassembling various parts of my car myself to fix the rattles and squeaks, and now I'm waiting for this suspension creaking to get worse so that they can't deny it when I take it in again.

I've had this for a while. It just got bad this past week, though, so I'm going to schedule an appointment.
Did anyone get this looked at?

For me, it is very noticeable when accelerating or decelerating at low speeds... so stop and go traffic drives me nuts.
Speed bumps also seem to bother it.

In my case, it's worst from the front, but I'm starting to hear it in the back as well. I'm pretty sure it's just a sway bar, but I'll bring it in and see what they say.

My 2013 P85 with 52,000 miles had the same symptoms. I took it in to the SC last week. It took them two days to replace the front left upper control arm and brake booster (unrelated issue). Issue was resolved. Repair cost was covered by extended service agreement, w. a $200 deductible.

-------
Concern: Customer States: Suspension squeaks at low speed technician test drove and verified noise coming from the front left of the vehicle. recommend to replace left upper control arm. Technician removed and replaced left upper control arm and retest drove vehicle and suspension squeak noise is no longer there.

Correction: Control Arm - Upper - Front - LH (1st Generation) (RWD) (Remove & Replace) Parts Replaced or Added Part Quantity FR SUSP UCA ASSY LH(6006532-00-B) 1.0