Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Experience in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!

So the "no more P/AWD" email last night was misleading? You found an AWD config? Were you able to keep the earlier prices for paint and delivery?
For the record that is not how pricing works. Once Tesla officially raises a price it applies to the MSRP for all units produced after that date. Until you are given and sign the MVPA the pricing is subject to change. Tesla can always offer you a discount to complete your purchase but I have not heard of them doing so at this point in time. If you do not take the car someone behind you will.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8 and MP3Mike
For the record that is not how pricing works. Once Tesla officially raises a price it applies to the MSRP for all units produced after that date. Until you are given and sign the MVPA the pricing is subject to change. Tesla can always offer you a discount to complete your purchase but I have not heard of them doing so at this point in time. If you do not take the car someone behind you will.
For new orders, yes. But Tesla advertised this event as a way for current order holders to pick up their car early. I would expect them to honor the price on the current order for all matching options (ie, $1000 vs $1500 for the same paint color, $4000 vs $5000 for AWD, etc).

Reactions: webdbbt

You're mistaken.

For new orders, yes. But Tesla advertised this event as a way for current order holders to pick up their car early. I would expect them to honor the price on the current order for all matching options (ie, $1000 vs $1500 for the same paint color, $4000 vs $5000 for AWD, etc).
You misread the email. Read the posts.

This is an event to pick up a Model 3 earlier than expected, not THEIR ordered unit. People were invited to come see if one on the lot would satisfy them if an exact match was not available. It is an attempt to be sure these folks take delivery before 9/30.

If you read the posts many left without a car deciding to just wait for their ordered unit.

Nope, Tesla goes by the order date for pricing not car built date

Nope, Tesla goes by the order date for pricing not car built date
That would violate Federal law. Monroney rules were set by Congress. When you place an order is irrelevant. You cannot have two identical cars going down the production line at different prices for the same market. You can have one priced for the U.S. West region and one behind it headed to the East Coast, Canada or another country.

That is why Tesla does not send out the MVPA until a day or two before delivery.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SoCalGuy
It would all depend on when the substitute car they buy was built. Not what they have ordered.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nisesen and Runt8
Just as a heads up, @beachbum77 is Donn Bailey. A TSLA short with hundreds of negative TSLA articles on Seeking Alpha.
Once again your facts are incorrect. I have authored less than 70 articles and not all are negative about Tesla, GM, or Ford. By now I think everyone knows who I am. It is no secret.

Throwing mud is what people do when they cannot answer the actual questions. Enjoy the mud pit. ;)

You misread the email. Read the posts.

This is an event to pick up a Model 3 earlier than expected, not THEIR ordered unit. People were invited to come see if one on the lot would satisfy them if an exact match was not available. It is an attempt to be sure these folks take delivery before 9/30.

If you read the posts many left without a car deciding to just wait for their ordered unit.
I realize that is what it ended up being. But the email was fairly vague and I think it’s likely that many people interpreted it to mean they could get the car they ordered. Regardless, anyone with even a basic sense of customer service should see how this would look to their customers. Elon is always saying loyalty is the most important thing, so how does it make someone feel when they’ve been waiting for years for a car to get an email that basically says “come down and get it early!” And then they find out that if they were even able to find one they want, it would cost them thousands more than what they configured.

This event could have been a great success story with a little more transparency but instead it seems to have pissed off a lot of loyal customers.

Reactions: LRCasey