Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Heat Pump PT Sensor Replacement (P2) - recall - service message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm booked at Nottingham 27th May, also been told 4 hours - planning on spending the bulk of the time in Trent Bridge Inn nearby, making use of their free WiFi and catch up on some work. If weather's OK, a stroll along the embankment will use up at least an hour too.

Anyone experienced this already? i.e. how long does the fix take?

My service centre have told me 2-2½ hours, I'm going to drop the car in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day.

Anyone had this done by mobile technician or does it have to go in? Have mobile appt for Friday and they tried to bring forward to tomorrow so assuming it can be done

No, I had a mobile tech visit booked for a minor interior trim problem and they contacted me to say they need the car to do this fix. The service guy was surprised that I hadn't had the alert in the car as their system had added the report to my service request automatically.

My service centre have told me 2-2½ hours, I'm going to drop the car in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day.

No, I had a mobile tech visit booked for a minor interior trim problem and they contacted me to say they need the car to do this fix. The service guy was surprised that I hadn't had the alert in the car as their system had added the report to my service request automatically.
Did you book you car in without being notified in the car then?

Did you book you car in without being notified in the car then?

Accidentally really, I noticed a problem with the armrest bin so I booked a mobile tech to get it sorted, then got a message saying that they needed the car for the fix and asking me to call. When I called the service guy said that there's this soft recall taking place and the system must have automatically added it to my service request.

He was surprised that I'd not had an alert in the car and said they could split out the two tasks, but as I'm barely using it at the moment it seemed easier to just get it out of the way - I'm only about six miles from the place anyway, so it's not a huge chunk of time from my day. I'm going to drop it off as soon as they open in the morning then pick it up at lunch time or when I finish work.

My guess is that they're taking the opportunity with anyone booking in for anything at the moment.

Reactions: Tigermad
Was this discovered while they were replacing the sensors? Or prior?
During. I believe there were issues removing the sensors. Maybe seized?

I didn’t get a real chance to question it further so don’t know the specifics. Booked back in for end of June, but might have to slip further if the part hasn’t arrived.

Car seems to operate fine so nothing has failed (yet).

During. I believe there were issues removing the sensors. Maybe seized?

I didn’t get a real chance to question it further so don’t know the specifics. Booked back in for end of June, but might have to slip further if the part hasn’t arrived.

Car seems to operate fine so nothing has failed (yet).

Same for me.

Service chap said that sometimes when the sensors are removed they take the threads with them & that's that's happened in my case (and presumably yours), so they have to replace the whole thing.

It's starting to look like the sensors may have been over-tightened during the build and that's probably what damaged them in the first place.

I have a tentative appointment in about four weeks for the super-manifold.

Same for me.

Service chap said that sometimes when the sensors are removed they take the threads with them & that's that's happened in my case (and presumably yours), so they have to replace the whole thing.

It's starting to look like the sensors may have been over-tightened during the build and that's probably what damaged them in the first place.

I have a tentative appointment in about four weeks for the super-manifold.
Mine is booked in for some other fixes tomorrow and they have added the sensors as well.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well

Had mine booked into Nottingham SC for Thurs this week, but just been messaged to say that the parts will not now be with them until end of June, and indicating that this is a national shortage of the parts.
May be worth checking any outstanding bookings before you make plans folks!

I got bumped back last minute as well, they have been having problems since it's been taking much longer than expected on some cars. So I will need a courtesy car and I don't need to worry about waiting around.

Can't quite believe it will have an air con re-gas already. All this type of servicing, throw away parts,.etc, kinda offsets the sustainable future marketing.

However... I now think I'm happy to wait for any teething issues to creep out of the process.

Can't quite believe it will have an air con re-gas already. All this type of servicing, throw away parts,.etc, kinda offsets the sustainable future marketing.

Not really a re-gas, they extract the gas currently in the system and put it back afterwards because it'll still work - they'll top up the system if necessary afterwards, of course.

It's not legal to just release the gas, it hasn't been since the 1990 EPA came into effect; waste refrigerants go for processing and are either recovered (if they're still viable) or incinerated because they're quite bad for the old Ozone layer.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Adopado