Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 height off the ground?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the height off the ground of model 3?
We have a steep hill to get up and want to make sure we can clear it without killing the front bumper. It goes from 0 to 12 degrees immediately. The town admits it's a bad taper or no taper but if they taper it it would make the hill steeper and harder to get up in the snow.
Might have to get the upgraded suspension.
Thanks in advance.

These kinds ot things aren't known yet and won't be for a while. Best way to find out in the mean time is to discover the articulation of the Model S Air Suspension - the system in the M3 will likely perform within similar spec as its bigger brother.

This is of concern to me also. Our driveway is very steep, and low or long vehicles can have issues getting off the street, and at the crest near the garage doors. We had a small sedan that scraped the tail pipe at the top, but could get over the footpath at the right angle. I'm hopeful I'm far enough down the reservation queue that we can get a real one to try out before I press submit on the order. Or that air suspension is an option as @YBT points out.

Interesting thread. I have been contemplating this question also for my Model 3. Air suspension for the Model S is $2500, which I think is reasonable....depending. What is the height difference in a Model S from aired up to aired out? How well does air suspension work? Any Model S owners out there with air suspension who might be able to provide some wisdom?

Anyone know the height off the ground of model 3?
We have a steep hill to get up and want to make sure we can clear it without killing the front bumper. It goes from 0 to 12 degrees immediately. The town admits it's a bad taper or no taper but if they taper it it would make the hill steeper and harder to get up in the snow.
Might have to get the upgraded suspension.
Thanks in advance.
dropping a photo into CAD and adding a 12° slope, it looks like there should be plenty of clearance (based on the ride height of the photo car)
IMG_6812.jpg

dropping a photo into CAD and adding a 12° slope, it looks like there should be plenty of clearance (based on the ride height of the photo car)
View attachment 182411

I saw this post back in june and looked at my parking ramp at home and freaked. The technical sheet said it's a 22 degrees slope! I slowly gave in to the thought that I'll have to add the air suspension upgrade which would be a really expensive upgrade just to park, not to mention the potential repair costs...
I rechecked the technical sheet again today and realized that I'm a huge idiot. It actually says 22% which should be around 12.5 degrees. If the picture is an indication of the actual product I should be totally fine!

Breakover angle is just 6 degrees on the TS without air suspension. A shorter (by how much?) wheelbase on the T3 will increase that a little bit. This would apply if your driveway flattened out at the top.