Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model 3 HEPA Upgraded Cabin Filters!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My CO2 goes through the roof when in recirculate mode...I've measured 1600+ ppm from a 30 minute commute. Based on that, I would assume my M3's cabin is pretty tight, not MX tight, but it wasn't advertised to be.

With that being said, I think this is a great idea that I'll likely buy, but I do agree with EVDRVN that you shouldn't advertise this as a "same high quality filtered air (solution) that Model S/X owners get" since that filter is huge "with separate acid & alkaline gas neutralization layers" according to Musk.

Reactions: jebinc
My CO2 goes through the roof when in recirculate mode...I've measured 1600+ ppm from a 30 minute commute. Based on that, I would assume my M3's cabin is pretty tight, not MX tight, but it wasn't advertised to be.

With that being said, I think this is a great idea that I'll likely buy, but I do agree with EVDRVN that you shouldn't advertise this as a "same high quality filtered air (solution) that Model S/X owners get" since that filter is huge "with separate acid & alkaline gas neutralization layers" according to Musk.
Thanks for the feedback I will adjust the verbiage accordingly.

Think this will be a popular upgrade for Model 3 owners. Tesla charges $500 for their huge HEPA filter. You can change these smaller ones out evey year for 5 years for the same cost.

The standard Model 3 filters are pretty effective, and are bargain priced by Tesla compared to what most other manufacturers charge. Cost a lot more on my Mercedes.

Typical aftermarket supplier will not be able to do tons of scientific studies to back up claims of better filtration, but it seems that just adding activated charcoal is a step in the right direction. People want to reduce the smell of Diesel vehicles, farm animals, fertalizer and pollen count in their cars. If these filters can make an improvement in these areas they will be well worth the $ to many (but not all) owners.

Typical aftermarket supplier will not be able to do tons of scientific studies to back up claims of better filtration, but it seems that just adding activated charcoal is a step in the right direction. People want to reduce the smell of Diesel vehicles, farm animals, fertalizer and pollen count in their cars. If these filters can make an improvement in these areas they will be well worth the $ to many (but not all) owners.
FYI, the Tesla OEM filters also have an activated carbon layer (how do I know? I took one apart when I recently changed them ;)).

Think this will be a popular upgrade for Model 3 owners. Tesla charges $500 for their huge HEPA filter. You can change these smaller ones out evey year for 5 years for the same cost.

The standard Model 3 filters are pretty effective, and are bargain priced by Tesla compared to what most other manufacturers charge. Cost a lot more on my Mercedes.

What is the relevance of the cost of a much larger filter to a Model 3 filter? That filter is far more expensive to make and has vastly more filtration capacity due to its surface area. Five $100 filters changed 5 times is no where near the same thing.

Reactions: jebinc
I just installed mine a few days ago. So far so good. There's a bit of a smell when the AC first turns on, but I assume that's just a bit of break-in type smell that'll go away fairly soon. I'm happy with them otherwise, and installation wasn't too bad.

@EVTuning

Thanks for that great Filter. I replaced the Tesla Filters with your HEPA Filter.

It brought the Pm2.5 in 2 Minutes down from 42 to 7 ug/m3. So that is a great result, even though it wasn't 95%, but hey, i may just have to wait longer, next time i measure it.

What i would really love:
The filter just don't reduce the smells good enough, because you can still smell the Diesel from cars in front of you, which there are a lot in Europe (and i still have to use the air circulation two thirds of the drive).

So if you plan to produce other Filters or upgrading the product, a more compressed/packed charcoal layer would be great. Maybe call it "Diesel" or "Europe" -Version.

Thanks for your work!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thinkscape
These are discounted 20% until the end of the year! We also have stock replacements available.

When are you going to make them actual HEPA grade filters? I see you changed the listed spec on the site. What lab did you send your filters to for testing? Can you provide the testing documentation? I would love to purchase these but personally I have little faith in your "HEPA" claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCR1
When are you going to make them actual HEPA grade filters? I see you changed the listed spec on the site. What lab did you send your filters to for testing? Can you provide the testing documentation? I would love to purchase these but personally I have little faith in your "HEPA" claim.

The original listing was a typo. The filter media is made by 3M. Several people have done tests and confirmed the air is cleaner than with the stock filters. Sending things out to a lab for testing is not something we plan on doing where we didn't design the filter media we used an off the shelf HEPA media and packaged it to fit the Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Several people have done tests and confirmed the air is cleaner

That doesn't really mean anything.

Sending things out to a lab for testing is not something we plan on doing where we didn't design the filter media we used an off the shelf HEPA media

Can you provide the spec sheet for the off the shelf filter material you are using?

I might be interested, but the price yo are selling these for is nearly 4X the OEM filter's I believe. If that's true, I think your market will be very limited. 2X OEM would generate more interest, including mine (once available for shipment). What proof are you offering re HEPA level performance level for yours that is achieved vs the MS/MX filters? If it's just a "trust me," that's going to make the sell for you even tougher (and the market even smaller) $49.99/set with proof of performance would be a more reasonable target. YMMV. :)

$39.99

Has anyone tried them?

https://www.amazon.com/XTechnor-Act...B958HH5H9EZ&psc=1&refRID=BG1C25EV8B958HH5H9EZ