Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW confirmed with my SA that LR models get carpet floor mats included. I had their all season ones ordered but cancelled after finding out. If you ordered the SR model, you'll have to order some. The Tesla website now has them for the 2024 models. Might be better to order these as the Tesla team designed them so they will be aligned great. But up to you if you want a cheaper alternative online!

BTW confirmed with my SA that LR models get carpet floor mats included. I had their all season ones ordered but cancelled after finding out. If you ordered the SR model, you'll have to order some. The Tesla website now has them for the 2024 models. Might be better to order these as the Tesla team designed them so they will be aligned great. But up to you if you want a cheaper alternative online!
I was just planning to get the winter ones , always just used those (or weather tech) in my cars

I have a feeling a lot of montrealera just got updated to feb17-march 2 .. probably a train coming in with. A lot of cars
I recall when they first started shipping Teslas from China. The west coast BC buyers near the ports obviously got theirs first. Then the Quebec folks were next (probably due to the train). The Ontario crowd was soon after that. Try to enjoy the wait and the tracking. It's one of the most fun parts of the whole experience.

EDD 1/26/24 - 2/7/24

Time to raid my retirement account....

Order date 1/11/24
M3 RWD Blue
18" Photon wheels
Black Premium Interior

Sunnyvale, California - about 15 miles from factory.

No contact from Tesla. Had to check app

No VIN assigned
Picked up my vehicle on 2/4/24.

Arrived about 20 minutes early at the dealer to take advantage of a break in the weather. So I got sent out on a short demo ride that just happened to use up the early arrival time. Gotta be some sort of spiff for the salesman registering demo rides...

Delivery process took about a half hour. Several forms to sign. Dunno what they said - hope I didn't agree to be Elon's towel boy...

Coming from a 2006 Prius, this Model 3 is a rocket ship. The one pedal driving is a real challenge. I ended up changing to CHILL mode to calm down the twitchiness of my old school foot.

The turn signal buttons are another item that is going to take a while to learn.

I had already purchased a keyfob as I don't have a cell phone implanted on my body. Even when I carry a flip phone, it usually gets left in the car. What I'd really like is a combination lock like Ford uses. Looking for somewhere to hide a keycard on the car so I don't have to carry anything.

Charged to 100% to see what the maximum range would be. 278 miles for non-freeway driving.

Still calibrating my whiskers for tight parking. Car seems afraid of getting closer than 2 feet to anything. Back in parking is a required skill for supercharger usage. Think I'll try it a few times with empty spaces on both sides.

Overall, this is a really impressive car. Powerful, quiet, comfortable, lots of tech. Its going take months to really learn the user interface. Like where is the "Back" button...

Picked up my vehicle on 2/4/24.

Arrived about 20 minutes early at the dealer to take advantage of a break in the weather. So I got sent out on a short demo ride that just happened to use up the early arrival time. Gotta be some sort of spiff for the salesman registering demo rides...

Delivery process took about a half hour. Several forms to sign. Dunno what they said - hope I didn't agree to be Elon's towel boy...

Coming from a 2006 Prius, this Model 3 is a rocket ship. The one pedal driving is a real challenge. I ended up changing to CHILL mode to calm down the twitchiness of my old school foot.

The turn signal buttons are another item that is going to take a while to learn.

I had already purchased a keyfob as I don't have a cell phone implanted on my body. Even when I carry a flip phone, it usually gets left in the car. What I'd really like is a combination lock like Ford uses. Looking for somewhere to hide a keycard on the car so I don't have to carry anything.

Charged to 100% to see what the maximum range would be. 278 miles for non-freeway driving.

Still calibrating my whiskers for tight parking. Car seems afraid of getting closer than 2 feet to anything. Back in parking is a required skill for supercharger usage. Think I'll try it a few times with empty spaces on both sides.

Overall, this is a really impressive car. Powerful, quiet, comfortable, lots of tech. Its going take months to really learn the user interface. Like where is the "Back" button...
So the key fob works with the new Model 3 Refresh (2024)? People were saying it did not work since it was not in the manual. I also purchased one 3 months ago but still have not taken delivery of the new Model 3. Thanks.

So the key fob works with the new Model 3 Refresh (2024)? People were saying it did not work since it was not in the manual. I also purchased one 3 months ago but still have not taken delivery of the new Model 3. Thanks.
There are at least two different keyfobs. I looked at used Model X ones and they apparently don't work on M3. So it's $175 for a new one direct from Tesla. It works just like a smartphone, without having to watch the battery status. There's also a $18 keychain thingy. Without the thingy the keyfob has no way to attach to other keys.

There are also rings and other jewelry constructed with the working part of the card key. I guess they buy cardkeys, dissolve the cardkey material in acetic acid, and weave the remaining chip and antenna into a piece of jewelry.

I printed the owner's manual (284 pages) and have gotten maybe 20% of the way through it. Way too complex for the mass market. The Model 2 is going to need another introductory manual for non-techies. My wife hasn't got her nerve up enough yet to even sit in the driver's seat. My announcing my latest discoveries doesn't encourage her. One thing she really has on me is fastening the seatbelt. She has no problem with it in the passenger seat. Takes me a major battle to attach it. I somehow get the belt in the way of the latch. Other people don't seem to have the problem, so I'll probably eventually get the hang of it.