Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like most everyone above me, my dates also shifted right to 12-26 March, after I accepted the message about Tesla Vision and one about cars being sourced both from Fremont and Shanghai and I might get either. I got a message in the app saying my VIN was assigned but it's not showing on the pages (online or app). The agent that's been very good about texting me though reached out unprompted and sent me the VIN which is great. It is an LRW prefix VIN which I think means a Shanghai build.

A question, my trade in offer dropped VERY appreciably (like $6K drop) between the pre order estimate and the firm offer after deposit. Anyone else get this? I had a (thankfully warrenty) SRS fault item go off right after I put in my trade in pictures, so I'm wondering if the drop might be they can see that and are flagging the car as needing repairs (which are already scheduled to be fixed in the next few days anyhow). Just wondering what others experience has been with the estimate vs. offer, and if there's a bit of bait and switch going on or something specific to that issue with my car that I can get reassessed for the offer after the fix is done.
They offered you 6k less in a period of a month? What car is this and mileage? Also did you add a lot of mileage since the first request. Or are you speaking about the Trade in estimate compared to the official trade-in offer?

Like most everyone above me, my dates also shifted right to 12-26 March, after I accepted the message about Tesla Vision and one about cars being sourced both from Fremont and Shanghai and I might get either. I got a message in the app saying my VIN was assigned but it's not showing on the pages (online or app). The agent that's been very good about texting me though reached out unprompted and sent me the VIN which is great. It is an LRW prefix VIN which I think means a Shanghai build.

A question, my trade in offer dropped VERY appreciably (like $6K drop) between the pre order estimate and the firm offer after deposit. Anyone else get this? I had a (thankfully warrenty) SRS fault item go off right after I put in my trade in pictures, so I'm wondering if the drop might be they can see that and are flagging the car as needing repairs (which are already scheduled to be fixed in the next few days anyhow). Just wondering what others experience has been with the estimate vs. offer, and if there's a bit of bait and switch going on or something specific to that issue with my car that I can get reassessed for the offer after the fix is done.
That's hard to swallow. I got 25500$ with 114000KM as a rough estimate. Mentioned that i have a Stealth Hitch (removable) and currently using aftermaket wheels because of my winter tires. (Did sent picture of them and mentionned that i will install them prior to the trade up. They are near perfect.)

Still waiting for the final offer. Hope i don't get the same "bait and switch".

That's hard to swallow. I got 25500$ with 114000KM as a rough estimate. Mentioned that i have a Stealth Hitch (removable) and currently using aftermaket wheels because of my winter tires. (Did sent picture of them and mentionned that i will install them prior to the trade up. They are near perfect.)

Still waiting for the final offer. Hope i don't get the same "bait and switch".
99% of the time you’re better off selling the car yourself IMO

I also was uncertain with the trade in procedure. Last fall I received a trade in offer which I thought was low. I did not accept and my purchase was cancelled and I lost the $250. Then the new Model 3 was announced. I made another purchase with a trade in. This trade in offer was $2,600 more than the first one. I accepted. Offer was only good for 30 days. Lo and behold, this week, the offer expired and my new offer is $1,700 less. On the bright side, this latest offer is still more than what they offered last year.

They offered you 6k less in a period of a month? What car is this and mileage? Also did you add a lot of mileage since the first request. Or are you speaking about the Trade in estimate compared to the official trade-in offer?
2019 SR+ 95,000 km, good condition. One fully repaired accident (fender bender rear quarter panel replaced no frame damage), original trade in estimate pre purchase 26,200, one month and 2-3 thousand km later 20,450 formal offer.

2019 SR+ 95,000 km, good condition. One fully repaired accident (fender bender rear quarter panel replaced no frame damage), original trade in estimate pre purchase 26,200, one month and 2-3 thousand km later 20,450 formal offer.