Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after seeing the post about the guy ordering on March 4th and getting a delivery date with my exact build. I headed over to my store and asked how it was possible and he said the store I was picking up my car didn't have as many configurations as mine and if I wanted it earlier I could switch VINs and pick it up at another location. So now I'm getting it next week instead of the week after. I think some trains have left but not all of them.
Can they do it by email or do we need to head over to Kirkland to ask them to switch to Laval or St-Bruno?

Checked my contract, I'm at CAD$103/month... Male, 31, two other vehicles (classic cars, that truck I mentioned costs me a whopping 10 bucks a month LOL) and a house.
I also have their tracking phone app, which lowers the monthly price by 10 bucks or so by default, with added rebates depending on your driving style at the end of the year.

I went to check on the tesla website and if you pick the model Y and go over to add the PPF it says model Y are coming with the PPF.
But then I went to the model 3 accessories page and it says nothing about already having the PPF on the rear door.
well that wouldn't be right anyways as we are getting cars from China unless you selected a Chinese market. but either way i don't think we are getting it haha

So after seeing the post about the guy ordering on March 4th and getting a delivery date with my exact build. I headed over to my store and asked how it was possible and he said the store I was picking up my car didn't have as many configurations as mine and if I wanted it earlier I could switch VINs and pick it up at another location. So now I'm getting it next week instead of the week after. I think some trains have left but not all of them.
And here I am with an order date 3 weeks earlier and picking up from Laval as well and still no delivery confirmation..kinda frustrating

Edit: a month and a half earlier

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Goschan
Checked my contract, I'm at CAD$103/month... Male, 31, two other vehicles (classic cars, that truck I mentioned costs me a whopping 10 bucks a month LOL) and a house.
I also have their tracking phone app, which lowers the monthly price by 10 bucks or so by default, with added rebates depending on your driving style at the end of the year.

seems like quebec has on avg much lower insurances,

i personally dont want a company to track all my GPS location and speed, as I do like being able to go like 30+ sometimes with the flow of traffic on the 401 in the TO area. that stuff brings your score down which would increase your insurance.

but if youre like 100% city driver that goes like 10 over, sure might be fine to get

And here I am with an order date 3 weeks earlier and picking up from Laval as well and still no delivery confirmation..kinda frustrating

Edit: a month and a half earlier
I suggest heading over to the dealer in person and asking to see if they can match you with a car that's in transit. This is exactly what I did and he was able to match me with a car that was already in transit. I'm sure if I didn't do this, i'd still be waiting.

• Love
Reactions: WattsUpPK
sadly we just grouped together, but i think its just mainly the high repair costs.

you cant even jack up the car without jack pucks or you gonna f up the battery

for everyone reading this, if you do your own winter tire changes or tire rotations you have to get jack pucks the car doesn't come with any

also well verse yourself on how to get the car towed, so they dont cause more damage to the car as thats very common as most towers still dont know how to tow evs correctly
Canadian tire has them for cheaper although just one and not a 4 pack. But honestly, who is t just gonna jack one corner at a time?

seems like quebec has on avg much lower insurances,

i personally dont want a company to track all my GPS location and speed, as I do like being able to go like 30+ sometimes with the flow of traffic on the 401 in the TO area. that stuff brings your score down which would increase your insurance.

but if youre like 100% city driver that goes like 10 over, sure might be fine to get
The tracker app can only lower your rates. If your driving style is spirited, it's not going to make your insurance more expensive, it just won't change from the base rate they quoted you.

The tracker app can only lower your rates. If your driving style is spirited, it's not going to make your insurance more expensive, it just won't change from the base rate they quoted you.
I found a trick with the tracker app. I basically installed it in my mother's phone and she's getting excellent scores all around driving her own car lol.

Last edited: