Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland live now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll have to see one in person, but…

The design looks a tiny bit “sharper”, “fresher” and maybe more modern. But it’s subtle enough I don’t think it will make the styling of our 2022 seem dated. Reduced road noise would be nice. As would modestly increased range though the range of our LR model seems perfectly adequate. I have no complaints about the handling of out 2022 LR - a nice balance between sporty and compliant. So zero need to rush out and get the “latest and greatest”.

All my attention can now focus on taking delivery of out CyberTruck - hopefully in my lifetime!

As an aside, when can we expect the Tesla website to update to reflect the changes?
The website updated for the 2024 changes? It’s live now I do believe :)

I’ve had a few people ask, Tesla didn’t offer to keep the same price as the 2023 model for the 2024 model, and the premium paint went up from $1500 to $2300. Would have been nice if they did being that I’d ordered it and was waiting but whatcha gonna do
So what you’re saying is they are no longer offering the car at the price you ordered. Pay more for the new model and wait until next year instead of the original time estimate, or cancel the order?

The no stalks thing is just a firm no from me, I was hoping they would come to their senses. With the opening up of the charge network further, I will consider another brand going forward. Obviously it will require another vehicle that meets my needs, but this is super disappointing. I am guessing the "buttons" are capacitive touch too, VW has said they are going back to tactile because of the back lash on their current products.

I know I am going to read about saving production costs, but if that were the case, you could save money by not installing useless crap like ambient lighting. Why cannot Tesla just listen to what people want, they are just so pig headed.
I have to agree with you. I understand the manufacturing and OEM objective of removing parts. Ppl say, “everyone will adapt quickly” or something to that effect. I disagree. Ppl do NOT adapt and adjust long time learned conditioned behaviors quickly and especially things for which they are already anxious or concerned like driving a motor vehicle. It is a matter of safely to properly indicate turn direction and intention. It is a LAW as well here in the USA. I can just see ppl driving and trying to LOOK down to properly find the appropriate turn signal button location. Often probably getting it wrong.

And don’t get me started on rental fleets. This area was a volume and growth area for Tesla, but I just can’t imagine vehicles being put into the rental fleets at scale that require a new driver to have to learn something completely new. Where are the turn indicators? It was hard enough moving drivers to stalk mounted shift leveRs. Then shift wheels in the center console between the seats. At least the industry did try and standardize on a couple variations. Now, we have a third variation, sliding on the left side of the screen (although, I don’t know if that is where it will be on Highland)

It was hard enough moving people to not have a physical key required to turn and start a vehicle. It seems really easy, just make sure you HAVE your key and just push the start stop button. I can’t tell you how many people put a car in park and just walk away, NOT pushing the STOP button.

Younger generations for sure can and will adapt easier and faster (heck, nearly 1/3 of Gen Z haven’t even DRIVEN a car) But Boomers, X, some Y, it won’t be as easy a transition as the company assumes.

Any details or is it like the red caliper change?
I hope not
from the notateslaapp:
"The upgraded suspension provides a more premium ride with new springs & dampers, new geometry on the front suspension, new bushings, and a new way they mount the subframe to the chassis. Moreover, the tires now have more cushioning for an improved ride."

Tesla app no longer shows delivery estimate
IMG_5933.jpeg

Ppl say, “everyone will adapt quickly” or something to that effect. I disagree. Ppl do NOT adapt and adjust long time learned conditioned behaviors quickly and especially things for which they are already anxious or concerned like driving a motor vehicle. It is a matter of safely to properly indicate turn direction and intention. It is a LAW as well here in the USA. I can just see ppl driving and trying to LOOK down to properly find the appropriate turn signal button location. Often probably getting it wrong.

The loss of stalks makes me a little uneasy but I’d be prepared to give it the benefit of doubt. First, the turn signal buttons are within left thumb reach on the steering wheel spokes - right turn above the ridged line, left turn below. So without looking, you would be able to feel which side of the ridge your thumb is on.

Second, you should always indicate a turn or lane change well before doing it. So the steering wheel should be close to vertical before you press the relevant indicator button. So it should not be ‘hard to find’ the right button but instead it is within quite easy reach, just like the stalks are.

Third, Tesla’s auto turn indicator cancellation works really well, so in most cases, you should not need to manually cancel a turn signal, which would be harder to do with these buttons if the steering wheel isn’t close to vertical part way through a turn.

So it’s plausible to me that this is not as bad as it initially seems. But I’d really need to try it. Using turn signals to exit a roundabout might be the tricky one.

No indicator stalks? Surely they can't be serious?
Yikes. Feel sorry for anyone who was hanging out for this :-/
Maybe Enhance Auto need to speed up there S3XY stalk development.
(Second post in thread of status from vendor)

Reactions: Zoltrix77