Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
💔🥺

IMG_1468.jpeg

Just had my EDD changed to July 7 - August 18. It's pretty disingenuous of Tesla to show that a new order EDD for a Model 3 with a white interior is May - June as of now. One of my reasons for getting my first EV was to take advantage of the excess solar energy that my system produces during the spring, before the summer AC load takes over. Think it's time to consider the black interior, which we've test driven several times and have really liked.

Just had my EDD changed to July 7 - August 18. It's pretty disingenuous of Tesla to show that a new order EDD for a Model 3 with a white interior is May - June as of now. One of my reasons for getting my first EV was to take advantage of the excess solar energy that my system produces during the spring, before the summer AC load takes over. Think it's time to consider the black interior, which we've test driven several times and have really liked.
July-August?!?! That is AWFUL. What the heck is going on?

Well, my EDD just moved to July 6 - August 17. The same thing happened six years ago with my 2018 Model 3 LR AWD with white interior, so I'm not surprised.
I ordered a white interior back in Mid Oct 2019, and the EDD 4-6 weeks. I got the car within that window with no pushing and pulling the dates back and forth.
What they are doing now is totally mind boggling!

Reactions: catxi
back then what was the difference between reservation and order?
In the early days of the Model 3 you had to make a reservation and put a $1000 refundable deposit to get in line to make an order. Once ordering was available, you could either make an order and pay additional $2500 or cancel the reservation and get your deposit back. Once you made an order, the $3500 deposit became non-refundable.

Reactions: jiren