Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with M3SR tried a long trip yet (over 200-300 miles)? If yes, how was the mile-range?
Lately I am not sure if I should change my order from SR to LR. Almost 70 additional (hypothetical) miles is kind of a lot.
I understand that the in-city range is the same since LR's 80% recommended max charge is the same as SR's 100% recommended charge, but when it comes to road trips, even 50-60 miles more (with AC, etc) is substantial....does it worth the extra $9k though for just long trips and also since the M3 will be our secondary car? 🤔
I just did a trip from Long Island to Michigan yesterday. My first ever trip in an EV. I have the long range but I really don’t think it matters. The car picks out when and how long to charge. It doesn’t go to empty and it doesn’t Charge to full.

I charged at home before leaving then my first stop was 2 and a half hours later an after 20 mins it said it was ready to go for the next stop. Which was an hour send a half later The next stop was 15 mins then it was ready to go. I gotta say the car is ready to go way before I was. I needed to get out and stretch my legs bathroom break. Get a drink maybe a snack. It’s an incredibly civilized way to travel. I used to do 11 hour trips in my ICE car and was exhausted at the end. That was not the case with this car. I also used the supervised FSD. Bottom line for long trips I don’t think the range difference matters between the 2 models.

I caved in and couldn’t handle it anymore…switched from the white interior to the black interior lol. Granted I had only just ordered it on may 2nd, I’m just too impatient for it. Been wanting a Tesla for years and now I’m finally getting one. Delivery day is Tuesday and it feels like this is gonna be the longest 3 days of my life lol.

Good luck to everyone who has placed an order on the white interiors, and hopefully those who have been waiting since January—which is ridiculous on Tesla’s part btw—get yours soon…you’re stronger than me for waiting that long. May the odds be ever in your favor!!
I must confess I did the same. I’ve had two model 3 Teslas before with white interiors. Very beautiful but, I really am no longer so enamored with the white nor do I really need the white interior to feel good about the car. I’m leasing the new one to take advantage of the credit. So, at lease end in 3 years I’ll think about it. All my cars have had the White exterior. The new 2024 one will also.

Checking the IRS site today, and check this out! Note: "Not every version of the models listed below will necessarily qualify.". but notice that the long range model is listed, but the short range model is not.

1718643375375.png

Checking the IRS site today, and check this out! Note: "Not every version of the models listed below will necessarily qualify.". but notice that the long range model is listed, but the short range model is not.

View attachment 1057214
The 7500 incentive option popped back up on my 2024 M3LR order today and I completed it. It is the same option that popped up on Friday and went away on Sunday. Fingers crossed

Reactions: evfangirl
Omg! Received a VIN today and was able to schedule delivery for this weekend!!
I received a VIN today as well. Need to complete insurance doc but dates are Jun 19-Jun 28; this is after I confirmed the $7,500 reduction in down payment. I originally ordered the M3LR on May 17, but reordered on June 6 to take advantage of the 3year lower financing. We ordered the stealth gray with white interior and 18” wheels

Congratulations. Can I ask what your options were for scheduling? Like what was the earliest and latest dates that were available?
It was a short window when I checked in, Fri or Sat of this week. A few time slots available for each day. Nothing further out when I looked. But I didn't spend a ton of time going too far out as I was ready for pickup, currently without a vehicle.