Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if people who have already purchased the AWD Model 3 this year can get the federal tax credit when filing taxes next year, or does the credit have to be applied at the time of purchase?
From what I’ve read only the newer ones have the tax credit. The earlier ones have batteries that don’t qualify. The newer ones have batteries made in the US.

Reactions: catxi and Dan. G
Anyones side seat black instead of white?

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 5
I just did a trip from Long Island to Michigan yesterday. My first ever trip in an EV. I have the long range but I really don’t think it matters. The car picks out when and how long to charge. It doesn’t go to empty and it doesn’t Charge to full.

I charged at home before leaving then my first stop was 2 and a half hours later an after 20 mins it said it was ready to go for the next stop. Which was an hour send a half later The next stop was 15 mins then it was ready to go. I gotta say the car is ready to go way before I was. I needed to get out and stretch my legs bathroom break. Get a drink maybe a snack. It’s an incredibly civilized way to travel. I used to do 11 hour trips in my ICE car and was exhausted at the end. That was not the case with this car. I also used the supervised FSD. Bottom line for long trips I don’t think the range difference matters between the 2 models.
Again, as someone pointed out earlier, the 2024 Highland M3 RWD has an LFP battery which prefers to be charged at 100% most of the time, meaning about 275 miles range. I’ll never have an LR again, especially one with a Lithium ion battery.

Reactions: evfangirl
I’m schedule to take delivery of my LR M3 at 3pm today. Tesla deducted $500 from their trade in offer because of curb rash on one wheel. Photo of the wheel attached. Does this seem like a reasonable deduction? I traded in another Model 3 in March with much worse curb rash and they never brought it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 1
I’m schedule to take delivery of my LR M3 at 3pm today. Tesla deducted $500 from their trade in offer because of curb rash on one wheel. Photo of the wheel attached. Does this seem like a reasonable deduction? I traded in another Model 3 in March with much worse curb rash and they never brought it up.
Gotta ask… are you leasing or financing thru Tesla (or did you on your last one?). Have to wonder if you have shown up with a check from a 3rd party to pick it up if they would make you go back to your bank. Especially considering that they say that they only take 1 form of payment.