Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in New Brunswick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone has a Model 3 in New Brunswick, Canada? If you're in southern NB, I would love to see the vehicle in person. I am planning on ordering one soon.

Also, has anyone made the trip between the Supercharger in Riviere-du-Loup (in Quebec) and the new Supercharger in Lincoln (near Fredericton)? The Tesla Trip Planner won't allow the route via the Trans Canada Highway, however, Google Maps shows it as only 407km. Otherwise using the 7.2kW NB Power chargers is going to be a pain. The Edmunston Supercharger likely won't be open in time.

Thanks!

I think you’d be hard pressed to make a 407km trip with a LR model 3 on that portion of the hwy - as I think is 110km/hr speed limit - especially in the cooler temps - unless you keep it under 80km/hr (unlikely/undesirable).

wish I could remember the charger I used in Edmunston at a hotel there. I stopped overnight once because I was tired, but an hour or two on that charger was enough to get my X to River Du Loop, or Levis.

I'm in Sackville but drive to Moncton and Saint John frequently if you are near there.

For the trip to RDL, there is a Model 3 driver from PEI that stops at Sarchfield electric just north of Woodstock to give himself the boost needed to get there. I've never been to Sarchfield, but he swears by it.

Reactions: Tz00
RE: Also, has anyone made the trip between the Supercharger in Riviere-du-Loup (in Quebec) and the new Supercharger in Lincoln (near Fredericton)?

I had to drive from Halifax to Quebec service centre in October before there was Lincoln supercharger , with LR model 3. Charged overnight in Fredericton hotel ( but now can use the supercharger). The Sheraton in Edmundston has a TESLA level 2 which I think was a faster charger than the Flo level 2 by St -Hubert Edmundston AND IS FREE so ate there about an hour to top up to get to Riviere-du-Loup. temp then was about 4C . 400 km will be ok in summer. once one more of the 'opening soon' superchargers get built ( Woodstock or Edmundston) we will be able to get to Quebec all year.

Reactions: Vawlkus
RE: Also, has anyone made the trip between the Supercharger in Riviere-du-Loup (in Quebec) and the new Supercharger in Lincoln (near Fredericton)?

I had to drive from Halifax to Quebec service centre in October before there was Lincoln supercharger , with LR model 3. Charged overnight in Fredericton hotel ( but now can use the supercharger). The Sheraton in Edmundston has a TESLA level 2 which I think was a faster charger than the Flo level 2 by St -Hubert Edmundston AND IS FREE so ate there about an hour to top up to get to Riviere-du-Loup. temp then was about 4C . 400 km will be ok in summer. once one more of the 'opening soon' superchargers get built ( Woodstock or Edmundston) we will be able to get to Quebec all year.
Just wondering if anyone has a Model 3 in New Brunswick, Canada? If you're in southern NB, I would love to see the vehicle in person. I am planning on ordering one soon.

Also, has anyone made the trip between the Supercharger in Riviere-du-Loup (in Quebec) and the new Supercharger in Lincoln

Thanks!

Also, has anyone made the trip between the Supercharger in Riviere-du-Loup (in Quebec) and the new Supercharger in Lincoln (near Fredericton)? The Tesla Trip Planner won't allow the route via the Trans Canada Highway, however, Google Maps shows it as only 407km. Otherwise using the 7.2kW NB Power chargers is going to be a pain. The Edmunston Supercharger likely won't be open in time.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!
Hi TZ, I live in the Moncton area and will be driving to Fredericton on the weekend and can meet you at the Lincoln Supercharger. If that’s good timing let me know.

I've done the trip lately with a mid range.
So 2 options : you can stop overnight in Grand Falls and refill. Or you can stop in woodstock at a B B, they have destination charger. You can call ahead and have lunch. Or as mentionned before, you have the 4 points of Edmunston.

we have had a local ranger in Halifax area for almost 2 years so he comes to us. I havent needed him for about a year but when I saw Cody last time he was also going to Labrador and Newfoundland. Not sure if he did NB or if that was a crew from Quebec . Prior to Cody, a ranger came from Montreal to fix my frunk . free! in late 2020 they were posting jobs for a new service centre in Halifax so we are all keeping our eyes open for the big opening. my experience with service has been great. Covid border issues might be a problem if there is no local NB option but even so, the pros of Tesla outweigh the cons.

Reactions: TrevorG
I realize this is an old thread but I’m curious about owners’ service experience. I’m thinking about buying a model 3 and I’m a little nervous about the nearest service center being in Quebec City.
Been rocking a 2017 Model X for four years now, and I’ve had very little service done. Made the trip to Quebec for service once, mostly because I wanted to road trip there, and that was before there were any Superchargers this side of Quebec.
Ranger Cody does service in all 4 Atlantic provinces (NS, NB, PEI, and Lab). Tesla Rangers count as essential workers so they can travel between provinces during the pandemic, they just have to be mindful and take precautions.
EVAAC is a support group of EV owners that spans the region, and can offer info to any who have questions. Independent EV repair shops are starting to show in the area (AllEV has a shop in NS and PEI now), and Tesla is slated to be expanding into the area soon (showroom in NS within the next 6 months, and rumors of a Service Center to be located near Moncton NB are circulating).

Think about it this way: a gas car has over 150,000 moving parts. An EV has about 20, so there’s a lot less to have go wrong. If you need more info, reach on here, or give EVAAC a nudge on Facebook. I know there are several members from NB on there, and they even tune in to our monthly meetings on zoom. Our Feb meeting is scheduled for this Thursday evening if you wanted to listen in.

Been rocking a 2017 Model X for four years now, and I’ve had very little service done. Made the trip to Quebec for service once, mostly because I wanted to road trip there, and that was before there were any Superchargers this side of Quebec.
Ranger Cody does service in all 4 Atlantic provinces (NS, NB, PEI, and Lab). Tesla Rangers count as essential workers so they can travel between provinces during the pandemic, they just have to be mindful and take precautions.
EVAAC is a support group of EV owners that spans the region, and can offer info to any who have questions. Independent EV repair shops are starting to show in the area (AllEV has a shop in NS and PEI now), and Tesla is slated to be expanding into the area soon (showroom in NS within the next 6 months, and rumors of a Service Center to be located near Moncton NB are circulating).

Think about it this way: a gas car has over 150,000 moving parts. An EV has about 20, so there’s a lot less to have go wrong. If you need more info, reach on here, or give EVAAC a nudge on Facebook. I know there are several members from NB on there, and they even tune in to our monthly meetings on zoom. Our Feb meeting is scheduled for this Thursday evening if you wanted to listen in.

Thanks for your thorough response. Every owner I talk to says the same thing so I think my service concerns are being allayed. Now I just have to figure out delivery...

Thanks for your thorough response. Every owner I talk to says the same thing so I think my service concerns are being allayed. Now I just have to figure out delivery...
guy downstairs got his model Y delivered last month. apparently the Tesla people told him how to arrange it and it worked well. preCovid, Tesla arranged delivery themselves. . Easier but the guy who brought my Model3 in 2018 had never seen a tesla before and I had only sat in a Model S so neither of us knew how to get this beautiful car off the truck.... the company that brought his model Y knew what they were doing. owners manual is online ( I didnt know that at at the time).

20 moving parts vs. 150000 ???? Better go count. As you are way off on both counts. When I took my 3 to service last week the bays were packed, different service, yes, less not really.

Your front left suspension has more than 20 parts.

Reactions: Freudian
20 moving parts vs. 150000 ???? Better go count. As you are way off on both counts. When I took my 3 to service last week the bays were packed, different service, yes, less not really.

Your front left suspension has more than 20 parts.
it's more focused on the power-train differences between ICE and EV, but there's only 6 or 7 pieces to my front end suspension, since I've seen my Ranger dismantle it completely to change one part out of it. Also, it's MOVING parts. Stationary ones don't count in that list