Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 insurance in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+. Thinking of buying the Highland LR.
I'm insured with "The Personal" in Toronto. I have various discounts and pay around $1500/ year for my present car.
I called the The company yesterday and was quoted these prices for the 2024
RWD - $1500
LR - $2,800
Performance - $2,700

These numbers just don't seem right so I asked that they speak to a "Supervisor" for more clarity. How can the P be cheaper than the LR? How can the LR be almost twice the price of the RWD?
Anyone have any thoughts?

I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+. Thinking of buying the Highland LR.
I'm insured with "The Personal" in Toronto. I have various discounts and pay around $1500/ year for my present car.
I called the The company yesterday and was quoted these prices for the 2024
RWD - $1500
LR - $2,800
Performance - $2,700

These numbers just don't seem right so I asked that they speak to a "Supervisor" for more clarity. How can the P be cheaper than the LR? How can the LR be almost twice the price of the RWD?
Anyone have any thoughts?
There’s less P trims on the road so the number of incidents they get into is lower than the LR. They are not far off from each other in purchase price vs the RWD which is considerably less.

There’s less P trims on the road so the number of incidents they get into is lower than the LR. They are not far off from each other in purchase price vs the RWD which is considerably less.
That's for the reply. The purchase price in Canada is around $10k per variant. Sr = $50k lr = $60k p = $70. You are likely right. The most common variant is likely the LR.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ