Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 insurance quotes - starting out reasonable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to wrap my head around what some of you are paying.... WOW. I have a clean record, 46 years old with a 2012 Infiniti M37x.. Wife, clean record, 45 years old, 2011 Toyota Highlander and a daughter, 16 years old, 2013 Ford C-Max Energi and I pay $750/6 mo for everything. I have GEICO and got a quote on the Model 3, $7 more per month (taking away the Inifiniti)... I'll take it.
NO way unless you have a million dollar deductible with the least amount of coverage necessary.

Hoping Liberty Mutual has good rates. Wife and I are currently paying $170.53/month for our home owners insurance, 2014 GMC Acadia, 2004 Mitsubishi Galant (will be gone when my Model 3 arrives), 2002 Chevy Duramax, and our 2006 Travel Trailer. I already have to use All State for the two Sea-Doo's because they were way too high for those. I did do a Geico quote yesterday and it was $131.33/month for 6 months or a one time payment of $502.68.

NO way unless you have a million dollar deductible with the least amount of coverage necessary.
umm.. $500 deductable... so yeah way...... oh. I was wrong.. $736.04

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: MB30 and a.void
Trying to wrap my head around what some of you are paying.... WOW. I have a clean record, 46 years old with a 2012 Infiniti M37x.. Wife, clean record, 45 years old, 2011 Toyota Highlander and a daughter, 16 years old, 2013 Ford C-Max Energi and I pay $750/6 mo for everything. I have GEICO and got a quote on the Model 3, $7 more per month (taking away the Inifiniti)... I'll take it.

I have clean record, 33 years old with 2013 M37 in Los Angeles with $1000 deductible multi-car/policy discount and this car is costing me $500/6 months just by itself.

I looked in the Model S/X threads and could not find an answer to my question. What happens if you total your car the day you get it? I know about gap insurance but how does replacement cost insurance work? Initially will they have to say that the price you paid is what you get? Initially I would think that the replacement value would be higher than the original value as you are not able to just go buy another. It could take 9+ months to get a replacement.

I'm finding the opposite. I quoted changing my honda to the model 3 and prices increased $390 per 6 mo.

Then i quoted changing to the XC60 I plan on getting and the rates only went up $270 per 6 mo.

$240 more per year to insure a car that costs 6K less.

I have Geico Insurance and they have indeed added the Model 3 to their options. Tesla must have released some kind of cost and replacement costs to them to start quoting prices.

Tesla Model 3 insurance: GEICO among the first to provide quotes

To make it easier for others to test their quotes with Geico (or any other car insurance company), here are some information needed for input that I've used:
- 2017 Model 3 VIN: 5YJ3E1EAXHF000316 (source)
- Tesla Model 3 delivery estimator (date of having car)

My Geico's "Replace Vehicle Quote" showed that I had an increase of $158.90 per 6 months (I'm a male, 35 years old, northern VA, no at fault accidents nor tickets, $500 deductible, $250K/$500K bodily, $100K property). The Tesla Model 3 would replace my 2006 Acura RSX Type S (3 door hatchback coupe compact sport car). It'll come out to $518.25/6 months premium for the 2017 Tesla Model 3 as of today.

To make it easier for others to test their quotes with Geico (or any other car insurance company), here are some information needed for input that I've used:
- 2017 Model 3 VIN: 5YJ3E1EAXHF000316 (source)
- Tesla Model 3 delivery estimator (date of having car)

My Geico's "Replace Vehicle Quote" showed that I had an increase of $158.90 per 6 months (I'm a male, 35 years old, northern VA, no at fault accidents nor tickets, $500 deductible, $250K/$500K bodily, $100K property). The Tesla Model 3 would replace my 2006 Acura RSX Type S (3 door hatchback coupe compact sport car). It'll come out to $518.25/6 months premium for the 2017 Tesla Model 3 as of today.
Thanks for the info - I'm in almost the exact same situation (male, will be 35 when I get the M3, replacing a 2006 Acura TSX).

Just checked with Allstate, they don't have the Model 3 in their system yet. Replacing my 2006 Acura TSX with a Model X priced at $35,000 added $26/month to the cost. I would assume the Model 3 would cost less to insure than the X but who knows...

Bummer, Anpac also needs to update its database:

Anpac said:
We were unable to find possible model options for this vehicle. At this time the only vehicle types allowed to be quoted are cars and trucks.

Please verify that the information you entered is correct. If you still cannot select your model of car or truck, you may call our Client Service Center at 877-544-0301 for assistance.