Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chicago Demo Cars avail:
Red/Black SR+ $4000 off
White/Black SR+ $3160 off
Red/Black P3D $2360 off

Killer deals

Wish I could find those type of deals in the Southern California area.

While I'm trying to stay hopeful with my order still possibly arriving at the end of the month, I've been watching the Existing Inventory list on Tesla's website every day for any changes - which I realize only shows a small portion of what's actually available in Tesla's current inventory. I unfortunately don't have the time to right now to drive into a store and have a SA look up current inventory.

Wish I could find those type of deals in the Southern California area.

While I'm trying to stay hopeful with my order still possibly arriving at the end of the month, I've been watching the Existing Inventory list on Tesla's website every day for any changes - which I realize only shows a small portion of what's actually available in Tesla's current inventory. I unfortunately don't have the time to right now to drive into a store and have a SA look up current inventory.
Call the local stores. Costa Mesa had a fleet vehicle available that wasn’t on the website. Phone calls are quicker than driving to the stores.

Got a line on a Model S demo if anyone knows someone.
2020 Model S Performance w luda
MSM with Tan
19s silver slipstream wheels
Basic autopilot
861 Miles
$89k (14k$ discount)

On east coast. Can be shipped anywhere in New england,CT,NY,NJ,RI,MA,VT,NH,PA,DE for 0$
Any other state is $2000

Last edited:
i just took delivery of a P3D on the 13th .. and now sseeing what is happening with inventory i think i missed an opportunity ..

i should have cancelled my order (lost $100) .. and waited to see if i could get $2000 or so off a P3D in inventory on the last few days of the quarter.

i bet folks buying on the last 3 days of this quarter are going to get some discounts to take an inventory car.

Have a model 3 LR AWD pick up Tuesday but they most likely will be closed in Brooklyn. Was thinking maybe I wait it out and see if any deals come up myself duet this crazy economic times. Any deals in NY area for model 3 LR AWD in blue? does. anyone here think the actual price new will come down. or no just curious

It's hard to say. I am assuming a lot of people are declining their deliveries due to the economic uncertainty, and the same goes for new orders. If that is correct, the factory is probably most efficient at full production. If people are permitted to go to work and cars are being made, they need to go to somebody. Tesla could lower price or add incentives such as free SC, etc. All of this is conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt. I am curious as to other's thoughts in regards to this.

Reactions: m3pca
~My advice to someone who was about to take delivery would be to go to your SA and ask for a free color upgrade or free wheels or free life supercharging ..

if they wont budge, then eat the $100 and cancel the order .. then come back in 7 days and see what the deal is ..

no way tesla is going to let that inventory sit on the books at end of quarter .. they are going to try to move them.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
What's stopping them from using these excess to ship out to other countries?

Import restrictions preventing them from doing so. Every country has slightly different requirements which requires Tesla to build vehicles specifically for each country. Even cars built for Canada can not be shipped back to the US without extensive import procedures.

• Informative
Hello All, I just joined and hoping to become a member of the tesla family soon. Lots of useful information on this site. I am close to pulling the trigger on ordering a LR AWD blue or midnight silver with 19-inch wheels black interior model 3. I'm holding out for a couple of weeks as well to see if I can get some sort of deal at the NC region. Any word on deals in this area will be greatly appreciated.

dealer just called and asked if their would be any discounts upcoming or say super charging for life due to economic downturn. Said he doesn't think so and dealer in NY area will be closed Monday a,m. I told him my delivery date was tuesday and obviously they will be closed and I would pick up once they re open. I have my other leased car for a 3 more months so rush considering we cant go anywhere and drive ... Hopefully something changes and maybe save some $ later on down the line.

dealer just called and asked if their would be any discounts upcoming or say super charging for life due to economic downturn. Said he doesn't think so and dealer in NY area will be closed Monday a,m. I told him my delivery date was tuesday and obviously they will be closed and I would pick up once they re open. I have my other leased car for a 3 more months so rush considering we cant go anywhere and drive ... Hopefully something changes and maybe save some $ later on down the line.

Tesla does not have any dealers. They sell all cars direct. If any discounts are to be given it will be decided by corporate headquarters in Fremont, with Elon making the final decision. Speaking to the local reps at the sales and delivery centers is pointless. They have no clue what Elon is planning to do. At the moment I’m not sure he does either.

• Informative