Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is beautiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a few years, we may alter the statement and say: " I have a hard time believing there is a driver, that is so 20th century"

I have a hard time believing there's no instrument cluster...unless it's going to have a HUD. That would be amazing.

I'm not sold on the rear at all. Reminds me of the old BMW 318ti. It just feels lopped off. I'm not going to cancel my reservation just yet. A lot can change between now and the final production version.

Reactions: JenniferQ
It's that rear, too high to be sleek. And they added the micro spoiler just like someone mentioned BMW 318. A shooting break might have been a nicer rear, but the US is hatchback averse even though the S , S7, and others are hatchbacks

You guys are all morons.. This is a conceptual car. Geez. There will be an instrument cluster. The car is 2 years away from production... Ugh. Morons

I'm not so sure... this is the MS alpha... you'd think they would have given us an idea of what they wanted... they gave us nothing... maybe that's what they intend...

1teslai-c3-a7i1-jpe.151864

Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks ugly?

I think for what you are paying for the Model S and especially the Model X are both butt ugly. This model 3 is not going to win any beauty contests but its definitely compelling value. Assuming we can get the Federal credit (plus the California one where I live) what other car can you get for $25k that comes close? I just see these Teslas as boring appliances that will save me money on fueling costs for puttering around town. For real enjoyment I'll be driving an ICE car that howls and I get to change my own gears.

• Disagree
Reactions: EinSV
Because it's the prototype I think they cut corners on the dashboard to make the unveiling. As it sits, the dashboard is probably not street legal. I expect the production display will be more incorporated into the dash and the dash will be more substantial.
Not sure why that's an assumption. If you watch the Periscope of the test drive the driver specifically talks about the speedometer being not he center console. This isn't Tesla's first car, so I'm not sure why they would completely forgo a instrument cluster at all in the reveal. If they were pressed for time I'm sure they could retrofit an instrument cluster from one of the other vehicles.

Home Run launch....and as we move closer to end '17 I'm sure front end, instrumentation, etc. will be refined. This is just an early look.

Hitting the $35K price target with AP & Supercharging along with a standard pano roof in an industry leading safe smaller car will make this a sellout before first ship date. Guaranteed.